New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TOKYO (AFP) - – Japan's Mazda Motor will recall nearly 90,000 passenger cars domestically and in China due to an oil hose defect, the company said Thursday.
    The automaker, which is part owned by US giant Ford, will start recalling 35,181 units in Japan and some 54,000 in China of the Mazda 3, known as the Axela in Japan, its most popular model.
    Mazda said the cars, produced from January 2006 to March 2009, have been recalled because an oil hose and a radiator shroud panel have been placed too close together and may be damaged by friction when travelling on bumpy terrain, leading to potential leaks.
    "The company has received two cases of complaints due to the problem, both in China," said a Mazda spokesman who asked not to be named. "No accident because of it has been reported."
    The Mazda 3 compact car is widely sold in Japan, China and Europe, said the spokesman, who added that no decision had yet been taken whether the recall will affect other regions such as the European market.
    The affected model is not available in the United States, the spokesman added.
    Mazda Motor Corp., which vies with Mitsubishi for the rank of Japan's number four automaker, generated a net profit of 4.4 billion yen (49 million dollars) in the third quarter, reversing a net loss of 600 million yen a year earlier.
    Its compatriot, Toyota, has been bedevilled by a series of safety issues, having recalled more than eight million cars worldwide since late 2009 over accelerator and brake defects.
    On Thursday, Toyota, the world's biggest automaker, suspended worldwide sales of its Lexus GX 460 sport utility vehicle due to a rollover risk at high-speed, and said it would conduct safety tests on all its SUVs.

Source

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Since chinese-made Mazda3s aren't sold here... probably not an issue. Still don't know... haven't heard any complaints regarding this, locally.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Mazda just called me yesterday to bring in my car because they are gonna fix an issue regarding something like this.

Brought my car in today and it took 1.5hrs.

My car is 2009 Mazda 3 1.6L V

tnx!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by franee View Post
    Mazda just called me yesterday to bring in my car because they are gonna fix an issue regarding something like this.

Brought my car in today and it took 1.5hrs.

My car is 2009 Mazda 3 1.6L V

tnx!
    Meron nga, katetext lang din sa akin AT hose ang sabi.

My car is 2008.5 Mazda 3 1.6S

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Special Service Program ang tawag ng Mazda, may pinapadala na rin silang sulat sa mga owners. Pero di pa ko nakatanggap, model 08 sakin.

May plastic lock daw kasi na in between ng ATF at radiator hoses na pwedeng mag-cause ng rubbing dun sa hose.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    at least Mazda is proactive and not trying to cover up anything

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Kudos to Mazda.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Pinuputol lang nila yong plastic clip, mga 5 minutes lang siguro, mas matagal pa yong body wash na free

Mazda to recall nearly 90,000 compact cars