New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Bro, thanks for the kind words. I've actually long considered to try and moonlight for any of the local auto publications, though I haven't really found the time to sit down, write a draft, and apply.

Perhaps I should really put that in my 2016 bucket list...Mazda Miata MX5 Crowned Top Gear 2016 COTY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Try approaching Mazda, sir!👍

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bro, thanks for the kind words. I've actually long considered to try and moonlight for any of the local auto publications, though I haven't really found the time to sit down, write a draft, and apply.

Perhaps I should really put that in my 2016 bucket list...Mazda Miata MX5 Crowned Top Gear 2016 COTY

Whenever you're ready, jut, ;) Lots of new outlets now, and places looking for people. Some friends have set up a Tuner mag, as well. They might be looking for good content creators.

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    How did that guy...get the show on cnn philippines? Dahil ba dove model? Paulo would have done better. Hahahah
    To be fair to James, he was already in media before motoring... I believe he was a DJ before. So he's a good presenter and a good writer. And he's been in this gig longer than me. He isn't the most technical guy, but he's picked up a lot along the way, and he's driven cars most of us can only dream about. I think he was the first to review the Venturi Fetish, anywhere.

-

But it's true, there are lots of guys with more technical knowledge. Lots of ex-manufacturer guys in motoring media, with an insight into the technical, logistical and marketing sides of the industry, and lots of hands-on greasemonkeys with their tuner cars and car restorations. (Yeah, like Paulo)

But if you're looking for the most technical guy in motoring media, that would have to be Ferman Lao. But he's not here.

-

Anyway, James knows more than enough to host the show, and he's got the face, voice and delivery to work it. I could probably beat him on track on a good day, but he could also probably beat me on track if he's having a good day, himself. (I've lost to him quite a few times)

I don't think I could carry a show like that. I'm learning video, but there's a big difference between putting your thoughts down on paper and learning how to deliver them on air. I do great "Olaf" and "Kermit" impersonations but I don't think that's quite what the viewers want.
    Last edited by niky; November 30th, 2015 at 11:03 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    ^ M6 ba yan boss? Kung di nyo naman need un sports car, mukhang mas sulit yan heheheh

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    yes, bro, that's an m6. i was pining, still am, for the miata, but i'm not the commander-in-chief, who, incidentally, is the holder of the purse. she's getting it. and like any dutiful soldier i defer to her choice (or command), for now. as bro CVT tersely put it: a happy wife-- a happy life. Mazda Miata MX5 Crowned Top Gear 2016 COTY

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    yes, bro, that's an m6. i was pining, still am, for the miata, but i'm not the commander-in-chief. she's getting it. and like any dutiful soldier i defer to her choice (or command), for now. as bro CVT tersely put it: a happy wife-- a happy life. Mazda Miata MX5 Crowned Top Gear 2016 COTY
    Well, the wife will surely appreciate how much easier parking will be w/ the Miata, sir.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Got to see one of the few on the road already. So do we have another classic in the making? Perhaps Niky can do a youtube feature with Kermit and Olaf test driving the Miata.

Come up with a draft of your work and keep it handy. I contributed a couple of used car review articles many years ago and it all happened because i met up with an editor to buy the tires he was selling, and with our car talk he got to see an article i made for one of my collage classes. We just reworked it to the format and it got published. Before that, I also got a call from a buddy to try out for (if i recall correctly) Editorial Assistant in a publication that was just starting off that time but my career was already being laid out and against my heart, had to decline. Never looked back though as i would not have met my better half if i chose to eat and write cars... I can always play make believe car expert online naman. :rofl:
    Last edited by vinj; November 30th, 2015 at 12:03 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015

you're welcome, bro. like everyone else here, i know talent when i see one.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I see at least 2 every week while on the road or parked at malls. I wish they offered leather seats on the manual version.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    yes, bro, that's an m6. i was pining, still am, for the miata, but i'm not the commander-in-chief, who, incidentally, is the holder of the purse. she's getting it. and like any dutiful soldier i defer to her choice (or command), for now. as bro CVT tersely put it: a happy wife-- a happy life. Mazda Miata MX5 Crowned Top Gear 2016 COTY
    Not a terrible thing. If you can find a decent winding road, the Mazda6 is entertaining. The long saloon body means it will understeer more than the MX-5 (or even the CX-5), but I firmly believe that Mazda's best efforts at steering over the past decade have been spent on the Mazda6. Over the past two generations, I've liked the "feel" of the Mazda6's steering over the MX-5 (especially with the ND... the steering is so light!). This one has lots of texture coming through the wheel, even though it's front wheel drive, and I think you'll find it enjoyable on long mountain cruises.

;)

+1 for Jut. Kaya mo yan. There are lots worse than us in the biz.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015

When 50/50 means DEFINITE..... balance.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Not to offend or mean anything, the funeral home in our place just got the Mx5 to be like this. Well, there's also a carrera, xv, slk 230, z4....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1449562630924.jpg  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast