New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    How much did it cost for the upgrade?

Am quite worried about handling given the size of the cx9. Hows the driving experience?

Can you recommend a reliable agent? Thanks bro

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mykl View Post
    How much did it cost for the upgrade?

Am quite worried about handling given the size of the cx9. Hows the driving experience?

Can you recommend a reliable agent? Thanks bro
    I asked the HU upgrade to be included in the package when I bought the CX9.

CX9 is really big dimension wise, it's very long, long wheelbase, and wide. but when you drive it, you don't feel it's size at all. Powerful engine, and great handling. I suggest you request for a test drive.

For the meantime, read this detailed comparo done by MotorTrends comparing CX9 vs other great full 7-seater CUVs (Ford Explorer, Chevy Traverse, Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander, Dodge Durango).
    Three-Row Crossover SUV Comparison - Chevrolet Traverse vs Dodge Durango vs Ford Explorer vs Honda Pilot vs Mazda CX-9 vs Toyota Highlander - Motor Trend

I sent you by PM a reliable agent.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Personally saw the 2013 CX-9 last Monday in Mazda Greenhills, all i can say is wow! Maganda sya and loaded with safety features like ABS w/ EBD & BAS,Dynamic Stability Control (DCS), Roll Stability Control (RSC), Traction Control Systm (TCS). Looks to be a really good family SUV. Loved the 20" shoes it got too!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LRTan View Post
    Personally saw the 2013 CX-9 last Monday in Mazda Greenhills, all i can say is wow! Maganda sya and loaded with safety features like ABS w/ EBD & BAS,Dynamic Stability Control (DCS), Roll Stability Control (RSC), Traction Control Systm (TCS). Looks to be a really good family SUV. Loved the 20" shoes it got too!
    The main difference between the 2013 CX9 and previous model is the nose grill, fog lamps, and the tail lamps (actually same shape but different light layout). Interior and engine wise, I did not notice anything significantly changed from the outgoing model.

I would have loved it more if they put SkyActiv into the 2013 model. But it's the same reliable, high-performance (but thirsty) V6 engine.

Overall, great car in my view.

EDIT: One more change, the 2013 CX9 has twin round tailpipes, vs the twin trapezoidal tailpipes. It's a matter of taste, but I personally like the trapezoidal set.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Is there a 4x2 version for the 2013 model?

Also, what are the best colors for the 2012 model? Choosing between silver or white but quite concerned about the maintenance for a white car.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mykl View Post
    Is there a 4x2 version for the 2013 model?

Also, what are the best colors for the 2012 model? Choosing between silver or white but quite concerned about the maintenance for a white car.
    For now, only 4x4 for 2013 model. The dealers said 4x2 is planned 2H this year.

Color is a matter of taste and profile. To me, silver looks luxurious, white looks sporty. I got the Crystal Pearl White, so far maintenance is not an issue. From casa, I brought it straight to Big Berts for NCPP - New Car Paint Protection. The protecting layer is effective as dirt slides off off the surface, so it's easy to clean. Then once in a while, I bring it to any car wash. Consider this, if you buy from Toyota or Honda (don't know if more brands do as well) and you select Crystal White Pearl, you have to pay an extra amount for that color, I think P15k to get this color. In Mazda, same price.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    May I please see photos of the 18" wheels the 2013 CX9 comes with? Our version in the PH came with 18" or 20"? Thanks!!!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    May I please see photos of the 18" wheels the 2013 CX9 comes with? Our version in the PH came with 18" or 20"? Thanks!!!
    Here is a picture of the 20" that comes with the 2013 CX9s, waiting for someone to sell theirs at a reasonable price, so i can get em for my CX5

tire is 245/50/R20

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Thanks!!! Is there an 18" version that came out in the Philippines as well?

10. Join Date
    May 2013
    sir accrding to their website mern na 4x2 model priced at 2,099,000, by the way sir ano mga tinanggal sa totl? I am leaning towards kasi sa cx9
    intead of the explorer,madami ba mga features na nawala beside sa awd? thanks.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Mazda CX9 Owners and Likers Thread