New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletred View Post
    Failed to check the CX 8 last Sunday Anyone test drove the unit last weekend?
    Very much interested with their AWD but sadly only two colors lang ang avail for now – White and Black. Waiting for red or machine gray hopefully next month may dumating
    How is the response of the 2.5 petrol engine for those that test drove it, does it have good pick up off the line? Seriously considering the CX8 din��

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteb16a View Post
    How is the response of the 2.5 petrol engine for those that test drove it, does it have good pick up off the line? Seriously considering the CX8 din��
    My friend drove it around BGC and I was in the third row. Onboard with us were two Mazda reps. The engine did not feel or sound labored. Still would prefer a longer test drive though.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The SkyActivG 2.5L NA engine has proven to be capable for both the CX5 and Mazda6. If you want more torque and power, you can always opt for the turbo version in the new CX5 and Mazda6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Had a chance to look at the 8 this morning. ItÂ’s a longer 5 (same width) and same price as the 6. Budget wise, the 8 looks more practical than the 6 (more seats per Peso😊). If I were considering a camry, accord or another 6, the cx8 would be one of my choices. Just my thoughts.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    still waiting for our preferred color - machine grayhopefully dumating this month

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletred View Post
    still waiting for our preferred color - machine grayhopefully dumating this month
    I haven't seen an actual unit. I wonder what are the differences with the CX-9, can you easily spot it easily?

7. Join Date
    May 2016
    Got to sit in the 7seat FWD model at a Mazda dealership this week. Just some thoughts.

Looks are typical Mazda, sleek and ***y. There's no hiding the stretched CX-5 look on the side though.

Dashboard is straight out of the CX-5. Fit and finish is typical Mazda, you can feel the brand's aspiration to go premium. First two rows are generous, no complaints in legroom and hiproom. Seats are nicely sculpted and wrapped in supple leather.

Third row has enough legroom, I'm close to 6' and I fit if the second row is adjusted a bit forward, but it's a knees up affair. Headroom is limited, maybe an inch between my head and the headliner. Smaller passengers will fit fine. No third row AC vents. Steeply-raked rear glass limits luggage room behind the third row.

Overall, a well-built, well-thought out vehicle (except the missing third row vents) with dimensions more suited to our roads than the CX-9. Can't comment on performance yet.

Here's where it gets tricky. CX-8 2.5 NA FWD, assembled in Malaysia is priced 2.29M. CX-9 2.5 Turbo FWD, a larger vehicle in all dimensions, made in Hiroshima, Japan, was priced 2.38M before discounts.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post

Here's where it gets tricky. CX-8 2.5 NA FWD, assembled in Malaysia is priced 2.29M. CX-9 2.5 Turbo FWD, a larger vehicle in all dimensions, made in Hiroshima, Japan, was priced 2.38M before discounts.
    Will you buy a BRV if the CRV is just 9k more? Or a Vios over an Altis for such a price difference?

You get a bigger, more comfortable, more refined, and a more powerful vehicle in the CX9 FWD for just 9k more.

9. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Will you buy a BRV if the CRV is just 9k more? Or a Vios over an Altis for such a price difference?

You get a bigger, more comfortable, more refined, and a more powerful vehicle in the CX9 FWD for just 9k more.

At least someone gets my point, apparently Mazda doesn't. Unless they plan to phase out the FWD CX-9, I don't see how the current pricing makes sense.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    At least someone gets my point, apparently Mazda doesn't. Unless they plan to phase out the FWD CX-9, I don't see how the current pricing makes sense.
    Perhaps the FWD is not selling like the AWD CX-9 or they will release a new model.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast