New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The SkyActiv gas engine is the real deal, but it's probably too expensive to go into the local Mazda3. I'm seeing signs that the CX5 might hit that magic 20 km/l number on the highway... or even 25 km/l. One review by an experienced eco-driver in the US netted 63 mpg. That's nearly 27 km/l. I doubt you could reproduce that in local conditions, but maybe 22-24 is possible on the NLEX.

But you have to adapt to the engine. The SkyActiv G has good low-end, feels punchier than the usual suspects in this class, and you can short-shift up through the gears quite easily. If you use all the power and exit the ultra-lean burn part of the engine map frequently under acceleration, then fuel economy won't be much better than a traditional 2.0.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Parang Mazda bites themselves on purpose with the Mazda3.

Ang tagal na out. Wala pa rin ako nakikita. Style ata yan ng FGP para mabenta Ford Focus nila.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Galing naman ng SkyActiv-G. Sa Theta II 2.0L AT best ko was 15.9km/liter (~37mpg) sa SLEX. Yun kayang sa Nu 1.8L engine?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    nakita ko yung display nya sa Market Market over the weekend...it sure is a looker!
    Saw one displayed at Rob Galleria, yung hatch. Froam afar akala ko Suby impreza, pati yun pagka blue ginaya.

And for the nth time, not worthy of its price. FLOP!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dfopiso View Post
    Galing naman ng SkyActiv-G. Sa Theta II 2.0L AT best ko was 15.9km/liter (~37mpg) sa SLEX. Yun kayang sa Nu 1.8L engine?
    Best so far on SLEX (combined... short 12 km highway stint) is about 17 or thereabouts. If I reset to show only highway kilometers, about 20... I believe NLEX would be better because Alabang to Greenfield has many, many hills and inclines.

But I have not had time to do a full test. I'm asking at Mazda when they plan to do an FE test.

And this is for the manual. If the Tucson AT gets 16 km/l, that's already pretty decent, and it's likely the CX5 AT won't be much different. Both light cars (with the gas engines) and both very aerodynamic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    And this is for the manual. If the Tucson AT gets 16 km/l, that's already pretty decent, and it's likely the CX5 AT won't be much different. Both light cars (with the gas engines) and both very aerodynamic.
    larry0609 posted that his CX5 logged 17.67km/liter (http://tsikot.com/forums/mazda-cars-...ml#post1975646)

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    sa US ang mazda 3 naka 2.5L na

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    sa US nga pinakamababa na mazda 3 is 2.3 L na. Ung bago naka 2.5 na

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    wala bang mazdaspeed sa pinas... malupit ung mazdaspeed 3 kahit 2.3 L lang sya.. Ive got a mazdaspeed 3 2011

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567