New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Ahhh!!! Nice mags!

I note with interest that they have a lot of positive offset - excellent.

Let me get technical here - if you go for mags with a lot of negative offset then the center-line of the the wheel/tire rotation moves outside away from the vehicle's chassis.

Positive offset moves the tires inwards - towards the vehicle (papasok ang gulong).

Negative offset moves the tires outwards - away from the vehicle (palabas ang gulong).

This has several effects - not all of them good.

1) the vehicle as a whole gets a lower center-of-gravity, that's good, it makes the car as a whole more dynamically stable in driving and especially in cornering.

2) the moment arm (or lever arm) of the wheel/tire assembly moves outwards - getting longer, that's BAD because,

a) it makes the steering heavier and sensitive to every bump that comes along, and

b) it increases the effective forces exerted on the steering, suspension and vehicle as a whole - that means increased wear on those parts and a twitchy ride.

c) it magnifies the effect of any steering misalignment as well as uneven braking.

Overall, I prefer to have positive offset rather than negative offset. You can always get a lower center of gravity with wider wheels and lower tires.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Mga sir may available paba na orig speedometer cable or good replacement for mazda B2200 diesel diyan po sa Maynila and also front and back window rubber running channel po?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Nice trucks guys. Keep the pics coming. Makes me want to keep working on my truck.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    great EB. next time i'll join.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear Guys:

Always glad to have more truckers on board - the more the merrier!!!

We still have to nail down the date and venue for our next EB - so come people - more suggestions, advice etc.

Dusky Lim

Keep on trucking!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Mazda B-Series Truckers' March 28 2010 EB