New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    any feedback on the mazda 626 (the one that was released sometime 1994 )? thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what do you want to know?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Relatively low-priced compared to other Japanese cars of the same class - 2.0L sedan - and year, e.g. Corona or Galant.

Have driven one only for two days over maybe 10 km in total so I can't comment much. (I was helping a friend sell it.)

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    626 average mid sedan nice enought, low price maybe due to loss of in house service back in 96's Mazda dealer back in that time abandond their client. >>

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    626 average mid sedan nice enought, low price maybe due to loss of in house service back in 9x's Mazda dealer back in that time abandond their client. >>

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    it's ok. got one as my *first* car, and me not knowing anything about cars..

if you want a 2.0L car on the cheap, get this one! at a price not much higher than a 1992 or older mitsu galant you get a 1994 or so 626.

the engine is supposedly under-powered (118hp) but it's torquey.

parts aren't cheap -- but cheaper than an accord. of course nothing will beat the cheapness of a corolla or lancer of equivalent age, but you don't compare a 626 to a corolla right?

dunno about the reliability.. the one i have is OLD and so has a lot of PMS-related issues. it seems reliable enough. had this one for about a year and it's been driven around 10,000 kilometers only (i grew up commuting, so it doesn't get used so much..)

Mazda 626