New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    OE LEDs are pricey, good brother Archer. Grab used genuines for spares now.[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Good suggestion, considering that this model is seldomly seen around the road.

This is somewhat a drawback for a particular car model which is "not popular" as it gets old, sourcing for surplus parts might be a challenge.

This is why I'm thankful for this forum, we have members here who are helpful.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    81,000!!! And it's not even a pair!! I almost dropped my keyboard!

I better take care of my headlights...
    The accredited shop of my insurance company for my other vehicles told me they once quoted 125k for a piecefor a previous gen CX-5. I didn't believe him then but I understand it now. [emoji16]

Sent from my ASUS_X00QD using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson de Leon View Post
    The accredited shop of my insurance company for my other vehicles told me they once quoted 125k for a piecefor a previous gen CX-5. I didn't believe him then but I understand it now. [emoji16]

eBay Genuine used....got lucky to find a good hobo pair of USDM LC80 heads w/ amber indicators to replace the PhDM 4eyes. Glad that era had glass lenses, no clouding.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    eBay Genuine used....got lucky to find a good hobo pair of USDM LC80 heads w/ amber indicators to replace the PhDM 4eyes. Glad that era had glass lenses, no clouding.

Glass lenses! Yeah the better days..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    [QUOTE=travajante;3106479]Optima Red & YellowTops are better than EFBs. Choose the proper specs & size so you won't have to mod the lock bracket. You may wanna invest in a CTEK CT5 Start/Stop to optimize the OPTIMA.[emoji106]
    On headlamps, China replacements, lens & lamp-wise, won't be as good as OE. Check used OE from eBay. Verify the model year & that they're not coming from RHD regions, sir. Johnny em home. Here are samples:
    LH
    214 215 216 MAZDA 6 LEFT DRIVER SIDE HALOGEN HEADLIGHT OEM GHR4-514 | eBay
    RH
    214-217 Mazda 6 Right Passenger Side Halogen Headlamp Headlight OEM | eBay

Thanks for the inputs guys. I actually ordered a replacement headlight from rockauto.com and had it shipped here. I opened an account at MyUS.com to obtain a US mailing address and had it shipped to that address. Myus.com then had it shipped to the Philippines via Fedex. You can also order the OEM part from other US based Mazda dealers like Mazdaparts, Mazdaswag, Priority Mazda, etc. The headlight, manufactured by TYC cost $134, plus $8 shipping to my US address. Shipping to the Philippines cost an additional $52. Overall, about $200. Johnny Air would have cost me PHP 11K just for shipping, so Myus.com was cheaper. The part arrived ok, and I just had to pay PHP 550 for handling. Everything would have been ok until I tried to have it installed. The headlight uses halogen bulbs and had no DRL. In other words it wasn't the same as the OEM part installed on my 6 which uses Bi-Xenon HID with a LED DRL. I found out that Mazda 6's sold in Asia come in the GT trim spec which is different from the base or sport models sold in the US. The replacement headlights sold on ebay, amazon, rockauto, unfortunately only come in the basic trim. An expensive lesson! I can order the HID version from the Mazda dealers I mentioned above for about US$ 522/unit for the HID version (with the bulb) but fear that it may still be the wrong part again or order from Aliexpress (from China) but not sure if the merchants are legit. I have seen some posts of Mazda 6 customers from the US (mazda6 club forum) who have bought after market headlights from Aliexpress but am not sure if it is worth the risk. By the way, I called another local Mazda dealer and was quoted PHP 61K. Anyway, sharing my experience so you won't make the same mistake. By the way, I bought rubber mats from Mazdaswag.com, and they fit perfectly. From rockauto, I bought oil filters, front brake pads, air filters, a/c filters, and a pair of wipers for my 6. I even bought a pair of disc rotors for my old Grandis. So far ok naman lahat except for the brake pads, which I haven't installed. I also bought a pair of scratch pens which I used once. ok din. Cheers.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    LED headlights are another one of those modern features that when breaks, are very expensive to replace. Nasisilaw agad (no pun intended) mga buyers ngayon kapag nakakakita ng LED lights sa spec sheet. What's worse, car journalists encourages this and even puts this as a plus when reviewing cars.

Better to buy a car with halogen headlights and put some good replacement branded LED lights if you want later.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ecport View Post
    [

Thanks for the inputs guys. I actually ordered a replacement headlight from rockauto.com and had it shipped here. I opened an account at MyUS.com to obtain a US mailing address and had it shipped to that address. Myus.com then had it shipped to the Philippines via Fedex. You can also order the OEM part from other US based Mazda dealers like Mazdaparts, Mazdaswag, Priority Mazda, etc. The headlight, manufactured by TYC cost $134, plus $8 shipping to my US address. Shipping to the Philippines cost an additional $52. Overall, about $200. Johnny Air would have cost me PHP 11K just for shipping, so Myus.com was cheaper. The part arrived ok, and I just had to pay PHP 550 for handling. Everything would have been ok until I tried to have it installed. The headlight uses halogen bulbs and had no DRL. In other words it wasn't the same as the OEM part installed on my 6 which uses Bi-Xenon HID with a LED DRL. I found out that Mazda 6's sold in Asia come in the GT trim spec which is different from the base or sport models sold in the US. The replacement headlights sold on ebay, amazon, rockauto, unfortunately only come in the basic trim. An expensive lesson! I can order the HID version from the Mazda dealers I mentioned above for about US$ 522/unit for the HID version (with the bulb) but fear that it may still be the wrong part again or order from Aliexpress (from China) but not sure if the merchants are legit. I have seen some posts of Mazda 6 customers from the US (mazda6 club forum) who have bought after market headlights from Aliexpress but am not sure if it is worth the risk. By the way, I called another local Mazda dealer and was quoted PHP 61K. Anyway, sharing my experience so you won't make the same mistake. By the way, I bought rubber mats from Mazdaswag.com, and they fit perfectly. From rockauto, I bought oil filters, front brake pads, air filters, a/c filters, and a pair of wipers for my 6. I even bought a pair of disc rotors for my old Grandis. So far ok naman lahat except for the brake pads, which I haven't installed. I also bought a pair of scratch pens which I used once. ok din. Cheers.
    I've been looking at that forum, Mazda6club.com, and somehow confused with the trims. If perhaps we can get the exact part number, buying online might be easier.

Some of the members are selling their parts and accessories but somehow hesitant to buy because of different trims offered over there.

Thank you for sharing about MyUS.com, this will surely come handy in the near future.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    LED headlights are another one of those modern features that when breaks, are very expensive to replace. Nasisilaw agad (no pun intended) mga buyers ngayon kapag nakakakita ng LED lights sa spec sheet. What's worse, car journalists encourages this and even puts this as a plus when reviewing cars.

Better to buy a car with halogen headlights and put some good replacement branded LED lights if you want later.
    The "annoying" part is, these DRL are in a set. If it breaks, then you need the whole assembly. That is the case for the outgoing model of Santa Fe which costs 50,000 Pesos!

I believe this is the same for Mazda.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    The "annoying" part is, these DRL are in a set. If it breaks, then you need the whole assembly. That is the case for the outgoing model of Santa Fe which costs 50,000 Pesos!

I believe this is the same for Mazda.
    It's the same for all LED headlights. Planned obsolescence or corporate greed ata... Wish they'd design modern headlights to have individual replaceable LED bulbs.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I've been looking at that forum, Mazda6club.com, and somehow confused with the trims. If perhaps we can get the exact part number, buying online might be easier.

Some of the members are selling their parts and accessories but somehow hesitant to buy because of different trims offered over there.

Thank you for sharing about MyUS.com, this will surely come handy in the near future.

What I have discovered is that Mazda 6 units sold in the Philippines (Asia) come in GT trim (at least for the headlights). Bulbs are Bi-Xenon HID and the headlamp assembly comes equipped with an LED DRL. Replacement headlamps for the Mazda 6 sold in the US are for the Sport trim only, uses Halogen bulbs and has no DRL.

Mazda 6