New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    I'm looking at 2nd units of 2017 model Mazda 6 wagons. I am opting for finance and I plan to pay up to 50% or 60% DP and pay up to 48 months as I cannot pay 800k to 900k in cash yet.

Some questions I have in mind about owning a 2nd hand Mazda 6 wagon:
    1. Are they reliable if I intend to keep them for at least 5 to 10 years provided I follow PMS schedules?
    2. Are parts readily available if something needs replacing?
    3. Are parts not that expensive like Lexuses and Subarus?
    4. Are their good shops that can do PMS for this specific car?

I just want to make sure I understand beforehand from other folks here who have Mazda 6 if what it's like to own one and MAINTAIN one.

Hopefully someone can help me on deciding if either I buy a used Mazda 6 wagon or a brand new Honda City RS Hatchback.

I really dream of owning a wagon :D :D :D

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickandrei01 View Post
    I'm looking at 2nd units of 2017 model Mazda 6 wagons. I am opting for finance and I plan to pay up to 50% or 60% DP and pay up to 48 months as I cannot pay 800k to 900k in cash yet.

1. Are they reliable if I intend to keep them for at least 5 to 10 years provided I follow PMS schedules?

I just want to make sure I understand beforehand from other folks here who have Mazda 6 if what it's like to own one and MAINTAIN one.

Hopefully someone can help me on deciding if either I buy a used Mazda 6 wagon or a brand new Honda City RS Hatchback.

I can't answer your questions objectively as my car is relatively new, three years old with less than 60,000 km.

In terms of reliability, one owner has over 200,000 miles. That is approximately 320,000 km and according to him, he only replaced the serpentine belt aside from the regular fluids.

I think parts are readily available and not as expensive compared to other brands. Then again, I haven't experienced yet buying parts.

I am on friendly terms with the tech guys of Mazda and they are willing to do regular maintenance outside their working hours. I don't think there is anything special or specific in terms of maintenance so I think any competent mechanic can do the job.

It's unfortunate that Mazda 6 owners in our forum is inactive. You might want to check mazda6club.com, it's members are dominantly from the US and Canada, a few from the rest of world who can speak English, and those who bothered to learn the language. It's a small community but it's great and forum rules are implemented properly.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickandrei01 View Post

Previous owner of a Mazda 6 2.3L (gen 1.5).
    As long as you live within major cities, parts isn't a problem thou there are a few harder/longer to get parts.
    price wise for the parts is comparable to a Honda and Subaru.
    if its just simple PMS madami shops that can service the Mazda.
    Mine was also modified but looking for Mods parts for a Mazda is way harder than your typical Honda.
    Not sure if the newer models will have the same experience as mine. Since you are looking for the newer mazda 6 wagon.
    I would like to point out some Cons of the Mazda 6, Resale value is not good. Considering you will be financing a 2nd hand car, you will end up spending and loosing a lot more money than you might expect.
    It also not as fuel efficient as a honda city. Plus its a big, long car. careful when going up very narrow parking garages.
    On the plus side, ride quality is top notch, the interior is also very luxurious, and reviews are excellent on its driving dynamics.

The Honda City hatchback RS is overpriced for the specs that it has. Why not consider a Mazda 3 hatchback instead? similar to a mazda 6 wagon.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A new City versus a slightly used Mazda6? Mazda6 ako, or any midsize car for that matter. Most owners ng midsize cars, medyo maingat mga yan. The cost of a midisize car is almost twice as a subcompact car and buyers know their tastes. They also know how to take care of their stuff.

There are two other wagons to choose from - the VW Golf GTS and the Subaru Levorg GT-S. Both such cars drive well like the Mazda6 2.5G wagon but the Mazda6 is a bit bigger in dimensions.

The Golf GTS is powered by a 2.0L turbo diesel engine. It looks pretty and thrift on fuel. Power is good but that diesel engine surely offers lots of low down torque. Since it is based on the Golf platform, it drives well for a FWD car. Access to aftermarket service is a bit limited compared to a Honda or Mazda or Subaru.

The Levorg GT-S comes in two engine options - 1.6L turbo and 2.0L turbo. Opt for the 2.0L turbo as it is the same engine as the WRX. 268hp/350Nm in your hands is surely fun to drive. It’s the quickest wagon you can buy for 2M or less (resale value is poor like any Subaru). Sadly, it’s a CVT and some people are against CVT. Mazda lang kasi ayaw mag CVT sa mga Japs so they may know something that Toyota or Honda or Mitsubishi or Subaru don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    New Mazda6 to get RWD and in-line 6 engine rated at over 300hp.

Next-Gen Mazda 6 Switching to RWD Layout, Inline-Six Power

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

Niceeee. Like a 5 series for less money

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008

I like... for my next car, gusto ko rwd na..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012

The post was published April 2020. It is officially dead.

Laid to Rest - 221 Mazda 6 Signature Review - YouTube

new Flagship Mazda Sedan coming soon.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    The post was published April 2020. It is officially dead.

Laid to Rest - 221 Mazda 6 Signature Review - YouTube

new Flagship Mazda Sedan coming soon.
    Hahahaha

Sana maging mas mura yung Kia Stinger GT!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hahahaha

Sana maging mas mura yung Kia Stinger GT!

The stinger from Kia is also dead. its been announced 2 days ago.

The Mazda flagship sedan is in the works. RWD with hybrid power is coming.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
Mazda 6