New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbo slice View Post
    mazda's advantage in my opinion is that they got more HP than corollas and civics, thus more fun to drive and upgraded interiors. hauls gas more though.

if i were you, i will get the subaru impreza, 170 HP, its more than the corollas and civics, i think they only have 120HP more or less. and Imprezas are all wheel drive, more grip on the road on rainy days, more fun to drive to.

if you really want mazda's, get the mazdaspeed3, they are top of the line mazda3, which has 2.3L turbo, very fast, but im not sure if they are available in the phils.
    Actually, Mazda 3s in the Philippines have HP/TQ figures almost equal to the current gen Corolla, and less than the current gen Civic, comparing the lowest engine displacements among them and the highest.

Mazda3s here only have the 1.6L and the 2.0L engine option, whereas in other countries, I believe the 2.0L engine is the base, with the option to upgrade to 2.5L.

The base Imprezas sold in the country have only 155HP (2.0L engine), not the 2.5L sold in others. Next step above WRX (~200+hp) costing an arm and a leg way above the other econoboxes. AWD and the overall Subaru drive is great though.

No MS3 here in the country.

Sad to say that, until Mazda philippines releases the new Mazda3, you're basically competing with the other econoboxes with an aging (but still decent) design and price as the USP. Other compacts have caught up and/or surpassed the current 3 in terms of exterior/interior, fuel economy, power, transmission and handing.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Going in to buy a new car with already a 'target' on mind might blind you. What would be better is to create an excel file and compare each and every car you see. Maybe list down the things important to you. e.g. Handling, FC, interior, service, etc.. Itll help you make an informed decision.

Anyway, M3 is very good with regards to handling, the interiors, total price, and looks. And also, once you learned how to drive using the activematic, life will never be the same again :p

The much maligned FC is over-empasized. Its not that bad really. Im getting 9.5-10kms/liter. This is in-line with the other sedans of this class.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I;m getting 9.6km/liter city and up to 12+km/liter H-way on my 2.3L engine MZ5 and its a van. Its got the same platform and engine as a NA MZ3

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    please!!!! encourage pa more!!!!!!!!!!! im on the go na to buy!!!!!!!! do more comments bout this thread!! its really a good help for me and to those want to buy this car of the year.... heheh

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Because you crave for it.....

8404:duel:

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by boi_silip View Post
    please!!!! encourage pa more!!!!!!!!!!! im on the go na to buy!!!!!!!! do more comments bout this thread!! its really a good help for me and to those want to buy this car of the year.... heheh

Buy whatever floats your boat.

You don't need convincing if you want to justify your heart's purchase.

If you aren't happy with the Nissan GT-R or the Bugatti Veyron or the R8, no need to get one despite its performance/looks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I were you I'll buy the hatch if its available in PI. Its versatile and sportier than the sedan. lower it by 1-1.7in. and swap a mazda rx8 wheels and tire ganda nun parang ms3 na porma nyan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Give me reasons why should i need to buy mazda 3?