New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    hi to everyone, I'm really new here and also to the auto world so please bear with me. I just want to ask what is the fuel consumption of a 1.6l engine? I mean the km/Liter, per se; mazda 3 2005 1.6L and mazda 6 2005 2.0L. Which of the 2 is more fuel efficient and cost less on gas? I'm quite tight on the budget for fuel since my fund comes only from my allowances =D. By the way I'm only a student so that's why I'm just planning to buy a second hand car; just a test car.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Mazda6 is a midsize car that drinks lots of gas and costs more to maintain than most cars. Midsizers are money pits. Just ask anyone who's had to replace an AC compressor on a Cefiro or a power-steering rack on an Accord. The Mazda3 1.6 is semi-decently economical if you drive it right, but otherwise, the lack of power will encourage you to burn more gas just to get out of your own way.

Buy a secondhand Vios or Jazz if fuel budget is a big concern. Buy them with a manual transmission and learn to drive stick. Your wallet will thank you for the big savings in fuel expenses. And they're a hell of a lot cheaper to maintain than full-sized cars, too.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...