New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    I recently watch a video of scotty kilmer regarding AT transmission fluid he says do not flush meaning dont use dialysis method for AT transmission fluid?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    i think he prefers to drain and replace, instead of dialysis, because of the cost.

2. Join Date
    May 2016
    I recently watch a video of scotty kilmer regarding AT transmission fluid he says do not flush meaning dont use dialysis method for AT transmission fluid?

Dialysis is unnecessary, drain and fill has always been the norm and transmissions lasted 300k+ km without hiccups. Just do it regularly.

Not sure on his thoughts of having clean fluid causing slippage if you haven't replaced ATF in a long time.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    sa kia picanto ko i changed ATF at 40k kms.. just regular drain and fill. then used the car for 1k kms then drain and fill again. then changed again at 45k kms. balik na sa reddish yung ATF.. hehe

ganun din sa altis ko.. kahit nakalagay na "lifetime" yung ATF need talaga mag palit.. kasi nagiging brown talaga

4. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    sa kia picanto ko i changed ATF at 40k kms.. just regular drain and fill. then used the car for 1k kms then drain and fill again. then changed again at 45k kms. balik na sa reddish yung ATF.. hehe

ganun din sa altis ko.. kahit nakalagay na "lifetime" yung ATF need talaga mag palit.. kasi nagiging brown talaga
    is it really necessary to aim for red? (I've also seen tutorials mentioning that it should be reddish and not brownish).

from a hyundai manual though:

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    May 2017
    Just recently replace the ATFluid of my brother's Kia Sportage at around 108,000 mileage, akala ko masisira na kasi sobrang late na nga at 108,000, so far after two months of use ok pa ang sasakyan!

6. Join Date
    May 2017

I too have been a follower of Scotty Kilmer but I unsubscribed from his videos 2 years ago because he would post any videos everyday, just for the sake of getting MONETIZED views, yup, he is a Youtube multimillionaire now...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    Just recently replace the ATFluid of my brother's Kia Sportage at around 108,000 mileage, akala ko masisira na kasi sobrang late na nga at 108,000, so far after two months of use ok pa ang sasakyan!
    the 6spd torque converter is the same on the elantra tucson sonata... 4Liters drain and fill lng. any dexron6 or toyota-ws equivalent are totally fine. mine is 420,000km old

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    I too have been a follower of Scotty Kilmer but I unsubscribed from his videos 2 years ago because he would post any videos everyday, just for the sake of getting MONETIZED views, yup, he is a Youtube multimillionaire now...
    I don't watch him anymore. I just listen to his videos. Got too dizzy from all the arm flailing.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i think he prefers to drain and replace, instead of dialysis, because of the cost.
    No not the cost but because it will cause serious damage to the transmission if flush that is what he said.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    Dialysis is unnecessary, drain and fill has always been the norm and transmissions lasted 300k+ km without hiccups. Just do it regularly.

Not sure on his thoughts of having clean fluid causing slippage if you haven't replaced ATF in a long time.
    He even mentioned something like using the old fluid then pour it in again much better than using new fluid if havent change transmission fluid for a long time if I understood him correctly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123