New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    $2K to ship the car then you have to pay all the taxes which would equal almost the value of the car.
    I doubt that the taxes would sum up to $20K, which is the actual value of the car. I'm guessing that it would be another $1K (more or less) for all the paperwork.

M45, thanks! I'm actually looking into that but through a different yet somewhat similar avenue. If anything else, I'd just get another car when I get there and start from scratch. Chances are that I'll be flying back and forth, and It'd be nice to have a car on both sides of the globe. I'd hate to bother anybody to wheel me around for anything

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by d j View Post
    I doubt that the taxes would sum up to $20K, which is the actual value of the car. I'm guessing that it would be another $1K (more or less) for all the paperwork.

M45, thanks! I'm actually looking into that but through a different yet somewhat similar avenue. If anything else, I'd just get another car when I get there and start from scratch. Chances are that I'll be flying back and forth, and It'd be nice to have a car on both sides of the globe. I'd hate to bother anybody to wheel me around for anything
    http://www.mapsupport.com/thedatabas...prtgvehphi.htm

Here's one from the Embassy in Australia, same rules would apply for cars coming from the US.

http://www.philembassy.au.com/faq-customs.htm

Well not sure which one of these still apply but I do know the taxes will be way more than $1k the paperwork and taxes. I have asked several shipping companies in the bay area and they all suggest to just buy there because the expense will be higher than the value of the car. I thought I would follow their advice since they could have easily just taken my money and made the profit instead of saving me the hassle and telling me the truth. If you do go thru with it could you post how you went about doing it so that others may get a better idea on the expense side of the equation.
    Last edited by redorange; February 12th, 2007 at 06:46 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    We have original 200SXs here with SR20DETs, but they're all AT. Some owners just swap out trannies.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Here's a reply from a Tsikoteer who is a Customs broker.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...d=1#post753273

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    problem solved! (for me, at least) just got a rip for orders to PI, I'll be assigned at the US embassy for a special duty =D I can ship a car plus whatever I can fit in a 10X20 container/pallet and the military will be paying for it =) now all I have to wait for is a set of orders adn a PCS date and i can start out-processing from my unit here at Travis. whooptido for me!!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by d j View Post
    problem solved! (for me, at least) just got a rip for orders to PI, I'll be assigned at the US embassy for a special duty =D I can ship a car plus whatever I can fit in a 10X20 container/pallet and the military will be paying for it =) now all I have to wait for is a set of orders adn a PCS date and i can start out-processing from my unit here at Travis. whooptido for me!!
    Astig yan bro!!! Punta ka pag nag EB dito sa Tsikot!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    join up on protegetech.org, too... it's the biggest local Mazda club. Lots of Mazda enthusiasts there... but mostly Mazda3, Protege, and Miata owners. Might be the odd RX8 owner, though.

Congratulations on your assignment! Real cherry job, that.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    thanks! looking forward to see most of you guys sometime by the end of this year =)

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    what's up dj? come meet our group Protege Tech when you are here in Manila. Our website is at www.protegetech.org

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lm723 View Post
    what's up dj? come meet our group Protege Tech when you are here in Manila. Our website is at www.protegetech.org
    thanks, I will definitely do that!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
drift mazdas