New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lamborghinione View Post
    Hmmm, the alarm settings for the 2010 units might have been changed already.

Anyway, if you still want to install cobra, just look for any Mazda dealer
    that can accept third party installation of alarm system without voiding
    the warranty for Mazda 3's electrical systems. I have no idea which dealer accepts this type of job and how much would it cost.

If cobra was installed by a non-Mazda dealer, only the electrical systems warranty will be cancelled.
    mine is 2010 unit and i can open the door from the inside after locking with remote, and yes the horn will sound.

migs, its impossible for you not to be able to open the door from the inside.

try this, after locking from the inside with the remote, manually unlock the door and then pull the lever to open the door, the horn should sound.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus700 View Post
    mine is 2010 unit and i can open the door from the inside after locking with remote, and yes the horn will sound.

migs, its impossible for you not to be able to open the door from the inside.

try this, after locking from the inside with the remote, manually unlock the door and then pull the lever to open the door, the horn should sound.

You are right. It works!! It is stupid of me. I did not unlock first the door before I tried opening it. That is why i cant open it..

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    so, all is well

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    So the alarm was triggered right?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by likot View Post
    So the alarm was triggered right?
    Yes, actually it is the HORN that alarm. It's too load.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just wire a different horn or a 12v siren. That won't be so loud and you can swap it out if you need to do a warranty claim.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    I know Mazda 3 has a built in alarm/horn but this is only effective if there is force entry. It is ineffective to detect accidental bumps on any part of the car compared to a 3rd party alarm with sensitivity to detect even a slight bump or load noise.

This is the reason why I want to install a 3rd party alarm. My questions are ;

1. Is Mazda casa selling this kind of alarm? IF they have, how much is the cost and installation?

2. If they do not have and I bought a 3rd party alarm, will they accept to install a 3rd party alarm on 2 month old Mazda 3? I do not want to void the warranty of the car so I will request the casa to install it.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by migs267 View Post
    I know Mazda 3 has a built in alarm/horn but this is only effective if there is force entry. It is ineffective to detect accidental bumps on any part of the car compared to a 3rd party alarm with sensitivity to detect even a slight bump or load noise.

1. Is Mazda casa selling this kind of alarm? IF they have, how much is the cost and installation?

2. If they do not have and I bought a 3rd party alarm, will they accept to install a 3rd party alarm on 2 month old Mazda 3? I do not want to void the warranty of the car so I will request the casa to install it.
    Sakin 2009 Mazda 3, once natanggal yung temporary plate ko na naka masking tape lang. Nung kinakabit ko sya pinukpok ko ng malakas dun sa plate holder ba yun (yung plastic) para dumikit ng maayos, ayun nag alarm. Have not tried it again akala ko feature talaga sya just like any other cars. Try mo baka ganun din mangyari.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Anung version mazda 3 yung binili mo? Sa akin kasi is 1.6V baka 2.0 yung mazda mo. May built-in alarm system at immobilizer yun.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by migs267 View Post

Mazda dealers sell aftermarket accessories. If the device is brought from and installed by the dealer the warranty is not affected. I've canvassed from Mazda Greenhills, their Giordon alarm system costs 6500 including installation.

Mazda dealers rarely accept third party installations. If they do they charge a high labor rate for it to be installed and they probably will void you warranty for the electrical system directly affected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cobra Alarm for New Mazda 3 under warranty