New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mazda's Takeri concept could be a testosterone-filled Mazda 6 in disguise
    Words by Christopher Kho | Photos courtesy of Mazda Motor Corporation

When the Mazda Takeri made its debut at the 42nd Tokyo Motor Show, it came with a complete spec-sheet, which hints that this concept is just about ready to hit production. And considering its size and time of launch, we're beginning to speculate that this could be the 2013 Mazda 6 in disguise.

Would you believe it - this four-door saloon actually runs on Mazda's Skyactiv 2.2L diesel engine, the same engine found in the CX-5. Bundled with i-STOP technology, it shuts off the engine during idle moments and re-ignites with a single compression, thus eliminating the load on the battery and starter motor. The Takeri also benefits from Mazda's unique regenerative system called i-ELOOP that should improve diving performance and fuel economy according to the brochure. Wouldn’t this imply that the Takeri's also a hybrid of some sort?

CLICK the LINK to continue reading the article: Mazda's Takeri concept could be a testosterone-filled Mazda 6 in disguise
    LINK: Mazda's Takeri concept could be a testosterone-filled Mazda 6 in disguise

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I like the headlamp.

I like the diesel engine...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i like the nice mirror-shine floor

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    I dig the red paint.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    or you could call it PED's filled Mazda 6.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i like how the light bounces off the red paint

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I like how everybody likes something.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Nice interiors too....

CAR NEWS: Mazda's Takeri concept could be a testosterone-filled Mazda 6 in disguise