New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    had the same thought. the altis E 1.6 AT costs almost exactly the same as the Mazda3 1.6 mid-range model (which is the 1.6V i believe).

differences:
    - mazda3, 105hp, altis E, 116hp
    - altis 1.6 engine has the BEST fuel efficiency of any local 1.6L car
    - altis E has dual airbags and ABS, mazda3 has ONE airbag (the 2.0 has 2 airbags)
    - altis E has single-zone climate control, mazda3 has NONE (the 2.0 has it)

compared to the mazda3 1.6S (entry-level) which has NO ABS, even worse..

overall, even though am a huge mazda fan and drive a mazda, i'd get the altis E. more practical, rock-solid toyota reliability, BETTER FUEL MILEAGE (important in this day and age of sky-high gasoline prices), more features (+1 airbag, +climate control). more powerful and higher-tech engine.

and if a new altis comes out next year (2006) at roughly the same price..

the mazda3 looks great and all. plus brand loyalty etc. but the altis wins on safety, engine power, practicality... virtually every measurement EXCEPT looks and suspension.
    Remember those are Manufacturer HP ratings, and i don't think Toyota Phil has been very honest with its HP figures. See the 1.8Li VVTi they have in the states initially it was 132hp, now with the new SAE xxxxxx its now down to 124hp?? and From the past Mazda engines had been very reliable in my experience. and now it has Sequential Valve Timing, its every bit as advanced as the Toyota's. climate control? correct me if i'm wrong the last time i checked a Corolla at the dealership the E-variant has manual AC control's too. and u already said, the airbags are equal number on the V-variant which cost the same. The current Corolla is on the last year of its life cycle, if i were you i'd get the more solid chassis of the Mazda3. it has a higher level of rigidness and heft that' can't be matched by a Corolla. plus the Rolla looks kind of weird in a dis-proportioned sense.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    According to Toyota Phil's specs, the Altis "E" does have "Nippondenso Automatic Climate Control with Digital Push Type Controls"

Altis
    1.6E A/T Php800,000
    M/T Php765,000

Max Output: 116HP(118PS)/6,000rpm
    SRS Airbags: Electronic, Driver Side NOT dual, as previous posts suggests

Mazda 3 "V"
    105PS/6,000 rpm
    145Nm/4,500 rpm
    SRS Airbags: Driver and Passenger

It is more appropriate to compare the Mazda 3 "V" and the Altis "E" A/T due to their close proximity in price and features. Mazda 3 "S" is a poor choice for comparison since it is designed to be an entry-level compact therefore barebones features are to be expected.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mazda 3 for me...get the V (dual airbags, ABS and a lot more) variant if your budget wont allow you to get the R...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ic, Ganun ba?kindly post me the full specs for Mazda 1.6V and its latest price.hindi ko kasi makita sa website ng mazda yun other features nya.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    And also th e fuel consumption of the two.But i think almost the same because the same 1.6.Isn't?

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Prices I got last Sept 17, 2005

Mazda 3

2.0 "R" - Php 945,000

1.6 "V" - Php 805,000

1.6 "S" - Php 745,000

1.6 HB - Php 780,000

Note: 1.6 "S" and HB have the same features.

Mazda's website does not have any specs and their brochures fare only a little better.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung hatch walang radio controls sa steering wheel...

Vasty this might also help
    http://teamrage.5.forumer.com/index....topic=575&st=0
    http://www.mazda.com.ph/mazdaBuying.htm
    Last edited by chieffy; October 16th, 2005 at 07:24 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    you're right.. the altis 'E' only has 1 airbag. and trailing drum brakes. all disk yata lahat ng mazda3. pero according to the DoE, the altis 1.6 has the best fuel economy of all local 1.6L cars.. that, plus the reliability and brand name of toyota.. although the 2 airbags on the mazda3 V make the choice a bit harder..

aha! the altis 'E' has a thermometer!!!!!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    AMB thermostat is a 2.5k option on all mz3's (2.0R comes standard)

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chieffy
    yung hatch walang radio controls sa steering wheel...

Vasty this might also help
    http://teamrage.5.forumer.com/index....topic=575&st=0
    http://www.mazda.com.ph/mazdaBuying.htm
    Might soon change....he he he... I've been talking with Ramrac on that...and the addition of ABS/EBD on the hatch. (which he already said could be done, a bit impractical though, coz the whole brake assembly and a new computer box and a trim replacement is in order)...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Altis 1.6E 0r Mazda 3 1.6V