New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 445 of 448 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448 LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 4472
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_pido View Post
    Good day everyone.
    What would be a permanent fix to those noisy calipers (worn pins/guide)? Replace them with new pins? Replace the whole she bang to new ones or upgrade to a big brake setup?

If i go the bigbrake setup, what other stuff do i need to upgrade? Rims? Can you give me the whole specs of rims and tires for that. TIA
    Pins are replaceable. There are two shops I know who have the parts: one is in Taytay and the other in Taguig. Yung BM ko nakapila na. As a workaround nilagyan lang nila teflon tape and binabad sa grasa.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Pins are replaceable. There are two shops I know who have the parts: one is in Taytay and the other in Taguig. Yung BM ko nakapila na. As a workaround nilagyan lang nila teflon tape and binabad sa grasa.
    Problem lang kasi since high heat yung sa brakes baka maluto yung teflon then balik sa dating malagutok... how long would the teflon last in high temperatures?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Problem lang kasi since high heat yung sa brakes baka maluto yung teflon then balik sa dating malagutok... how long would the teflon last in high temperatures?
    One month pa lang so far of daily driving and tahimik pa.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    As a workaround nilagyan lang nila teflon tape and binabad sa grasa.
    Ganito din ginawa sa rear disc brake ng Lancer EX GLX ng kapatid ko. Iyong pin binalutan ng teflon tape at nilagyan ng maraming hi-temp. grease. Sa Speedyfix ginawa.

Nawala ingay sa rear suspension, okay pa naman after 1 year, 2x a week na gamit. May reserve pin na siyang nabili naka-ready, pero hindi pa ginamit since okay pa, hehe.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    For street use, PTFE(aka Teflon, trademarked by then DuPont) should be up to task. It's stable up to +260˚C, Decomposition is slow up to 400°C. Good for cookware, but can't last long in track abuse & won't survive open flames.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    For street use, PTFE(aka Teflon, trademarked by then DuPont) should be up to task. It's stable up to +260˚C, Decomposition is slow up to 400°C. Good for cookware, but can't last long in track abuse & won't survive open flames.

Thank you for the info sir! Kinda going nuts and being OC regarding the teflon use but now am relieved it will last until prob when i replace the brake pads. All New 2017 Mazda 3

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Thank you for the info sir! Kinda going nuts and being OC regarding the teflon use but now am relieved it will last until prob when i replace the brake pads. All New 2017 Mazda 3

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Anytime, doc. Just remind yourself to use paddles(for engine braking) more for those downhill runs. That's when the brakes really heat up.All New 2017 Mazda 3

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Brake caliper noise and workaround fix. Is the problem the same as this one?

https://youtu.be/z5uNbWz0cYo

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    not a fan of teflon fix
    high risk of pin getting stuck

Sent from my DN2103 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Brake caliper noise and workaround fix. Is the problem the same as this one?

https://youtu.be/z5uNbWz0cYo
    Exactly that. Nakakainis dahil ok naman ang ibang parts and bushings pero umiingay pa din. To confirm the issue inangat nila ang isang side then sinipa ang gulong. Dun pa lang rinig mo na ang rattle.