New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 391 of 448 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 4472
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Reflashes like OVT are hardwritten & won't disappear upon batt swaps. What does get reset are the learned data the ECU had adjusted to.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    This is a myth even in the early days. The ECU doesn't learn what the driver does. The ECU map is at its simplest a set spreadsheet where given inputs like x amount of air, with y temperature, then z amount of fuel is added. Of course now with more variables and sensors to play with in the equation.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    This is a myth even in the early days. The ECU doesn't learn what the driver does. The ECU map is at its simplest a set spreadsheet where given inputs like x amount of air, with y temperature, then z amount of fuel is added. Of course now with more variables and sensors to play with in the equation.

I think "learned" data is just a layman's term for runtime data, and this runtime data is used by the ecu for adjusting how the engine runs/performs. It's not an equivalent of machine learning that somehow the car's computer "learns" and "adjusts" with the driver's style.

Resetting ECU Settings - Rider Chris

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    I think "learned" data is just a layman's term for runtime data, and this runtime data is used by the ecu for adjusting how the engine runs/performs. It's not an equivalent of machine learning that somehow the car's computer "learns" and "adjusts" with the driver's style.

Resetting ECU Settings - Rider Chris
    I meant it for both. The ECU can keep a log of the driver behaviour/error codes/fault but will not change the ECU map unless it encounters a serious fault w/c causes it to go to safe/limp mode.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Rear wiper, aka dust collector, is now deleted from my M3 hatchback All New 2017 Mazda 3

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Rear wiper, aka dust collector, is now deleted from my M3 hatchback All New 2017 Mazda 3

Good job!!! Care to share details on the plug & process, good sir?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    kung akoyan,
    tinanggal kunalang yung wiper arm.
    tamad, me.
    heh heh.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Good job!!! Care to share details on the plug & process, good sir?

Looks very clean. My only concern is when there's a build-up of dirt.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    There are lotsa different types of delete plugs. Some are of gloss glass-like flush-fit resin.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Rear wiper blades and washers are a godsend when its raining or rather the rain is the drizzle type, you know when the sky can't seem to decide whether it will rain or shine. Air is humid and muddy and sticks to the rear windshield when you are driving at speed. Defogger can't help with that.

When I still had my Lancer I was scouring the surplus shops for a JDM rear glass with wiper and washer assembly. Too bad the sedan Mz2 and 3s don't get the wipers.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Rear wiper blades and washers are a godsend when its raining or rather the rain is the drizzle type, you know when the sky can't seem to decide whether it will rain or shine. Air is humid and muddy and sticks to the rear windshield when you are driving at speed. Defogger can't help with that.

When I still had my Lancer I was scouring the surplus shops for a JDM rear glass with wiper and washer assembly. Too bad the sedan Mz2 and 3s don't get the wipers.

Hehe....couldn't remember having needed them.