Page 446 of 448 FirstFirst ... 346396436442443444445446447448 LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 4472
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    not a fan of teflon fix
    high risk of pin getting stuck

Sent from my DN2103 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Ghetto solution. One should not penny pinch when it comes to brakes...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Exactly that. Nakakainis dahil ok naman ang ibang parts and bushings pero umiingay pa din. To confirm the issue inangat nila ang isang side then sinipa ang gulong. Dun pa lang rinig mo na ang rattle.
    Much better to put silicone grease on the pins.. and brake pads with rubberized shims

For mazda, usually the culprit is the spring moving around the strut bearing.. solution is to place a rubber hose to properly locate the spring to the strut bearing

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Exactly that. Nakakainis dahil ok naman ang ibang parts and bushings pero umiingay pa din. To confirm the issue inangat nila ang isang side then sinipa ang gulong. Dun pa lang rinig mo na ang rattle.
    Not to jinx anything, but having had the proper brake grease on there every periodic check may have prevented premature pin wear. I always have a spare bottle of Permatex in the parts bin. Should ours get to have that symptom, it will be addressed the right way.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Not to jinx anything, but having had the proper brake grease on there every periodic check may have prevented premature pin wear. I always have a spare bottle of Permatex in the parts bin. Should ours get to have that symptom, it will be addressed the right way.

There lies the difference between oil change and PMS. Brakes went through 3 years without servicing. Mea culpa.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    There lies the difference between oil change and PMS. Brakes went through 3 years without servicing. Mea culpa.
    Ahhhh, there. Oil changes & brake maintenance are 2 things I try to get done together when downtime allows.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    I had my brake pads cleaned and serviced after the 3 year free yojin pms. Mazda PH offered this discounted engine oil change last Oct 2021. I asked the casa to include the brake cleaning as well.

I might have it cleaned again with the next engine oil change. I'll probably do that at Mhonworks this time (nearer at my residence).

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    I had my brake pads cleaned and serviced after the 3 year free yojin pms. Mazda PH offered this discounted engine oil change last Oct 2021. I asked the casa to include the brake cleaning as well.

I might have it cleaned again with the next engine oil change. I'll probably do that at Mhonworks this time (nearer at my residence).
    Just bring the proper brake grease(not multi-purpose) for the tech to apply.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Just bring the proper brake grease(not multi-purpose) for the tech to apply.

Thanks sir Travs for the reminder! I recall Bendix degreaser and lubricant were used by the Mazda casa mechanic. Are these good?

Attachment 42109Attachment 42110

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    not a fan of teflon fix
    high risk of pin getting stuck
    Had the pins replaced today and true enough nahirapan silang tanggalin yung isang may teflon

There was still a rattling noise after and they traced it to uneven wear on the stock brake pads. They replaced those and it's now quieter than new

Have to ask what brand brake pads they used. They showed it to me pero di tumatak sa memory ko. Tahimik naman and they bite better than the OEMs.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    After 2 years and 10 months the Yuasa EFB needed a replacement (bought it last 2019 Dec). The i-Stop battery malfunction kept on showing up even after charging the battery. Using a battery tester I bought at Lazada, battery health condition was 29%.

I decided to replace it with Varta Silver Dynamic EFB Q85. Resetting the i-Stop system was relatively simple using this guide:

https://youtu.be/0Uy2kM8Vpys

20220920_102516.jpg20220925_083915.jpg