New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 426 of 448 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 4472
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Nope, wouldn't recommend them especially at that price. Those were my tires before on my Civic. I still have them on my Mazda 3. Super layo ng performance compared sa Pilot Sport 4.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Could you please elaborate. I'm eyeing for 225/45 Yoko Advan Fleva. What would you recommend then? For city, up north and down south.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RedlineJunkie View Post
    Could you please elaborate. I'm eyeing for 225/45 Yoko Advan Fleva. What would you recommend then? For city, up north and down south.

Overall, I'd say the Fleva V701 isn't deserving of the "Advan" title. While its tread design looks similar to the old UHP Yokohama S.Drive, the performance is pretty far apart. It's a typical road tire with a sporty name.

For city driving only, then the Yokohamas Flevas are fine. But for the same price, I would go for Kumho Ecsta LE Sport. Grippier and quieter tires both wet and dry.

I used to track my Advan Flevas and they would reach the limit of grip at every corner. Kahit paakyat lang ako ng Baguio napapascreech ko tires when cornering. Yung Kumho Ecsta mas makapit talaga.

If budget allows, go for the Michelin PS4 which is the best tire for ordinary affordable road cars - perfect mix of grip, comfort, road noise, and durability. Price is a bit high at 8k per tire for 18s vs 5k Yokohamas, but worth the upgrade if you drive spiritedly.

If budget is constrained, the Yoko Fleva is par for the course vs other 5k-ish tires like the Dunlop LM704, and like I said at that price I prefer the Kumho Ecsta.

There are even cheaper tires like the Achilles 2233 or Accelera Phi if spending on tires is not a priority.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Overall, I'd say the Fleva V701 isn't deserving of the "Advan" title. While its tread design looks similar to the old UHP Yokohama S.Drive, the performance is pretty far apart. It's a typical road tire with a sporty name.

For city driving only, then the Yokohamas Flevas are fine. But for the same price, I would go for Kumho Ecsta LE Sport. Grippier and quieter tires both wet and dry.

I used to track my Advan Flevas and they would reach the limit of grip at every corner. Kahit paakyat lang ako ng Baguio napapascreech ko tires when cornering. Yung Kumho Ecsta mas makapit talaga.

If budget allows, go for the Michelin PS4 which is the best tire for ordinary affordable road cars - perfect mix of grip, comfort, road noise, and durability. Price is a bit high at 8k per tire for 18s vs 5k Yokohamas, but worth the upgrade if you drive spiritedly.

If budget is constrained, the Yoko Fleva is par for the course vs other 5k-ish tires like the Dunlop LM704, and like I said at that price I prefer the Kumho Ecsta.

There are even cheaper tires like the Achilles 2233 or Accelera Phi if spending on tires is not a priority.

Thank you, Sir Jut. All New 2017 Mazda 3

4. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    I wanted to ask about the best dealer for battery and contact.
    My batt is already acting up and from time to time it shows this.

My workaround so far is to disconnect negative for few seconds and reconnect. It is probably due for replacement despite the CTEK. Afterall, it is turning 3 years and 3 months for the odo so i’d say above average. Casa charges 15500 with labor and 13k for the battery alone.

I’ve seen this on my notes but not sure where to get.

Battery: Yellowtop or Yuasa so long as Q85 and up.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytecson_ View Post

My workaround so far is to disconnect negative for few seconds and reconnect. It is probably due for replacement despite the CTEK. Afterall, it is turning 3 years and 3 months for the odo so i’d say above average. Casa charges 15500 with labor and 13k for the battery alone.

Thanks!

I had my mazda 3 2016 model spend 1 month in our garage.. no start or charging.. still using the original battery. After 1 month of hiatus.. i started the car.. it struggled a bit due to weak battery but it started.. showed battery malfunction and istop not working error.. after 2 hours of driving, i turned off the car.. then next morning performed i-stop reset (holding istop button for 3 seconds ignition ON) and all error messages are gone!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytecson_ View Post

Thanks!

Delkor EFB. Premium yet reasonable. PM'd you the MetroManila dealer our good brother Nelson de Leon found.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Delkor EFB. Premium yet reasonable. PM'd you the MetroManila dealer our good brother Nelson de Leon found.

Care to share the source and the price sir? Thanks

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Care to share the source and the price sir? Thanks
    PM'd...just call for pricing, sir.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Delkor Q85 - 9500Php. Im picking one up

10. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Good day mga sir. tuwing kailan po tayo need magpalit ng spark plugs? M3 2016 with 24k odo. thanks