New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 418 of 448 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418419420421422428 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 4472
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    We found chicken leg bones behind the bumper when they took it off. Looks like the neighborhood felines chased them away though because there were no new tracks. It's a tossup between cat tracks on the roof or rat tracks in the engine.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk
    Some rodents can be healthier, stronger & larger than the neighborhood stray pussies...the latter, intimidated. Have had traps that lose bait & door closed w/ no catch in the morning. Reason? The rats are so big. Once the door snaps, half the body remains out.
    Stay vigilant, there's a lot in the engine bay they can chew to while time....& now, the rains....away. Keep it clean. Let them know they're watched. The common preventive recommendation of peppermint oil is hit/miss. I pack crystal menth(not methAll New 2017 Mazda 3) in old freshener cans placed under bonnet. Stronger, more lasting. I hope luck stays & rodents away. Don't wanna jinx anything.🤞All New 2017 Mazda 3

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post

Constantly check the engine bay for signs of rodent infestation. Idle cars can become their nice comfy dining, latrine, honeymoon suite, delivery room & nursery... or all the above. Keep it constantly clean & fresh. Once they mark it w/ urine....they'll be squatter stubborn.All New 2017 Mazda 3

Good reminder! I better check mine. I recently cleaned the car and put a car cover to avoid "sand storm" coming from a nearby road repair.

And with the CTEK recently returned, thanks for the lift from lockdown, I have it connected for the last three days.

I hope the "battery cheat" will last long.
    All New 2017 Mazda 3

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    We found chicken leg bones behind the bumper when they took it off. Looks like the neighborhood felines chased them away though because there were no new tracks. It's a tossup between cat tracks on the roof or rat tracks in the engine.

engine rat tracks are ea$ily taken care of, by the auto detailers.
    cat tracks are a simple basahan fix.
    cat scratch on the paint... that's different!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Some rodents can be healthier, stronger & larger than the neighborhood stray pussies...the latter, intimidated. Have had traps that lose bait & door closed w/ no catch in the morning. Reason? The rats are so big. Once the door snaps, half the body remains out.
    Stay vigilant, there's a lot in the engine bay they can chew to while time....& now, the rains....away. Keep it clean. Let them know they're watched. The common preventive recommendation of peppermint oil is hit/miss. I pack crystal menth(not methAll New 2017 Mazda 3) in old freshener cans placed under bonnet. Stronger, more lasting. I hope luck stays & rodents away. Don't wanna jinx anything.��All New 2017 Mazda 3

get a bigger trap, sir.
    consider poison on the bait. consult a licensed exterminator for this.

errr... does tanglad work?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    get a bigger trap, sir.
    consider poison on the bait. consult a licensed exterminator for this.

errr... does tanglad work?
    It was just a borrowed trap I experimented with, doc. Racumin blocks, slow hitting, have been effective to a point. Lately, I've noticed the slow-non consumption. They may have learned about the poison that's been killing their 'bRAThren'.
    Haven't tried tanglad, garlic & other spices that would degrade, rot & would need constant replacement. Crystal Menth leaves the bay smelling like a spa & requires much less attention, just topping. I'm guessing it irritates the eyes & bothers their sense of smell.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Will try crystal menth. Can't have rat poison in the garage because we have a pup that loves hunting roaches and nibbling calipers.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Will try crystal menth. Can't have rat poison in the garage because we have a pup that loves hunting roaches and nibbling calipers.

Put a CaliScents can or 2 of CMenth. 1 on the dipstick/cap cavity & 1 on batt. Agree on no poison for you. Ours are leashed when walked. The stray pussies don't seem to touch the blue Racumin blocks placed in areas only rodents can easily access.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008

we had a cute, love-able pup...
    until i found my mags oxidizing away because the pup was marking its "property" using its urine...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A friend's pup loves chewing ABS sensor plugs. Good thing ours is more inclined to metal.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    A friend's pup loves chewing ABS sensor plugs. Good thing ours is more inclined to metal.
    Inhumane or 'uncanine', no to muzzle?All New 2017 Mazda 3