New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    my mazda 323 has some engine problems lately. bumababa rpm nya when i step on the brakes or pag idle lng ako, hindi stable yung rev nya. it goes lower the 1k rev. can anyone help me? i've tried resetting the ECU by taking the batt out and draining the left power sa pag pindot ng busina, ganon padin. help please.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Kailangan na ng cleaning ng Idle air control Valve , Throttle body , Maf sensor kailan huling nalinis ito . Check mo rin iyong mga hose ng vaccum baka may leak.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    wala akong idea kung kelan last nalinis to. may ma rerecommend ka ba sakin na shop to help me? is this a electrical or mechanical prob?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mute12 View Post
    wala akong idea kung kelan last nalinis to. may ma rerecommend ka ba sakin na shop to help me? is this a electrical or mechanical prob?
    I have a 96 323 myself and this kind of problem happened before. With my car, the throttle body was dirty (dirt was entering through a crack in the air filter hose). You can also have the MAF sensor checked / cleaned. On a side note, the 323's engine bay is so cramped that having the car registered would mean removing the air filter hose to gain access to the serial number; removing the air filter hose would mean disconnecting the MAF sensor. When I had my car registered one time, the MAF sensor was not reconnected and my car had the same symptoms as yours.

For engine concerns, I always go to Wheels in E.Rodriguez. If someone could verify: the throttle body has to be serviced in a clean environment, one that is provided by casa. I tried to have my car serviced outside, they said that they do not have the equipment nor environment to service the throttle body.

97' Mazda 323 Engine problem