New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mbl25 View Post
    For the mazda owners..any comment if 2012 mazda3 1.6 hatchback a good buy for 720k? Or would u suggest to get another brand instead like a brandnew yaris 1.3e mt for the same price? Tnx sirs..
    oks na yung presyo nito kung 2nd gen since it is originally 1.1M. halos 400k na tipid. note lang na overpriced tong unit na to nung nilabas ni Mazda (under Ford), kaya mejo mataas yung used price.

yung bnew 3rd gen hatchback 1.5l, 948k lang in-offer ni Berjaya, lower ng 150k kesa sa 2nd gen

for the car itself, I suggest you try to test drive. class leading ang mazda 3 when it comes to handling in my opinion, kahit aling generation

2. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by aRTie View Post
    mas matipid theoretically ang 2nd gen (smiley) because of the following:

lower drag coefficient - 0.275 (Gen2) vs. 0.29 to 0.31 (Gen1)
    transmission - 5 speed AT (Gen2 2.0) vs. 4 speed (Gen1 2.0)

mejo maliit nga lang yung effect nya so same as sir leo said, i think they will have roughly the same consumption
    mas mag-ma-matter p rin jan yung driving habit

by the way, I have a 2nd gen and my ave. consumption over 10k mileage is 9.0km/l (80% to 90% city)
    Thanks sir aRTie

3. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by aRTie View Post
    oks na yung presyo nito kung 2nd gen since it is originally 1.1M. halos 400k na tipid. note lang na overpriced tong unit na to nung nilabas ni Mazda (under Ford), kaya mejo mataas yung used price.

yung bnew 3rd gen hatchback 1.5l, 948k lang in-offer ni Berjaya, lower ng 150k kesa sa 2nd gen

for the car itself, I suggest you try to test drive. class leading ang mazda 3 when it comes to handling in my opinion, kahit aling generation
    so meaning, in 720K 2nd hand 2nd gen mazda mas ok pa na kumuha ng 3rd gen which worth around 950K? 230K difference for a brandnew unit latest version.. hmmm make sense..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDRA GIRL View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm new here and i need some of your inputs.

I'm buying a Mazda 3 2006 model 2.0 Top of the Line. Here are my concerns:

1. Fuel consumption. How many km/liter?
    About 7 km/L in city driving. Just about right for a 2.0 of its age, and as good as the slower 1.6 Mazda 3.

2. It was said that it was top of the line. What are the differences to the ordinary Mazda 3. Does it have Climate control? What else?
    1. 2.0 engine (141 hp) vs. 1.6 engine (105 hp)
    2. Automatic HID headlamps vs. halogen on the 1.6
    3. 17" rims vs. 16" rims
    4. Sunroof
    5. Rain-sensing wipers
    6. Revised front and rear bumper design
    7. Leather seats and steering wheel

Even the 1.6V has automatic climate control already.

3. The seller says that it was not flooded, how can I be sure? If its newly painted can I still determine if its flooded?
    Bring a mechanic. Usually flooded units have electrical issues. Some of the hard-to-reach areas of the car also have residue.

4. How will I know the the parts are stock? Size of the mags/tires?
    17" rims, 205/50 R17 tires. Most likely tires have been replaced already, but check if they are still the same size as the original.

5. How will I know that the transmission is ok? If its working smoothly?
    Be sure to test drive the car. You will feel shift shock or delayed response if it's a transmission that's about to give up. Best to have your mechanic check it as well. Ask when the ATF was last replaced, but replace it anyway.

6. In case the stereo went down, can it be replaced though it's built-in? Are the speakers bose?
    You will have to find a head unit panel to be able to put aftermarket head units. Usually the steering wheel audio controls will not work if you do this. Best to just have the stereo repaired if it breaks down. The speakers aren't Bose.

7. Is it worthy to pay 300k for that model?
    Yes, if it's a well-maintained unit. Inspect the car and list down all the flaws you find, then try to haggle down to about 260-280k.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    About 7 km/L in city driving. Just about right for a 2.0 of its age, and as good as the slower 1.6 Mazda 3.

1. 2.0 engine (141 hp) vs. 1.6 engine (105 hp)
    2. Automatic HID headlamps vs. halogen on the 1.6
    3. 17" rims vs. 16" rims
    4. Sunroof
    5. Rain-sensing wipers
    6. Revised front and rear bumper design
    7. Leather seats and steering wheel

Even the 1.6V has automatic climate control already.

Bring a mechanic. Usually flooded units have electrical issues. Some of the hard-to-reach areas of the car also have residue.

17" rims, 205/50 R17 tires. Most likely tires have been replaced already, but check if they are still the same size as the original.

Be sure to test drive the car. You will feel shift shock or delayed response if it's a transmission that's about to give up. Best to have your mechanic check it as well. Ask when the ATF was last replaced, but replace it anyway.

You will have to find a head unit panel to be able to put aftermarket head units. Usually the steering wheel audio controls will not work if you do this. Best to just have the stereo repaired if it breaks down. The speakers aren't Bose.

Yes, if it's a well-maintained unit. Inspect the car and list down all the flaws you find, then try to haggle down to about 260-280k.
    Tnx for the reply.... Would you recommend a good mechanic somewhere in cavite? tnx again

6. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Tnx for the reply.... Would you recommend a good mechanic somewhere in cavite? tnx again
    Hi Sandra. PM Sent

7. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    well, let your heart lead you. if you really like the 3 well, it's really for you
    My family and my brain wants me to get a 2004 Vios, but my HEART really like the Mazda 3 ugh, then I saw this LOL

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    ^ Mazda 3 rin choice ko hehe

9. Join Date
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Sir jut703, I just purchased my Mazda 3 this month and ganito ang status nung car... hindi gumagana yung steering wheel audio controls and ang pagkakasabi saken kelangan lang daw palitan yung battery which after doing research I found out to be irrelevant... electrical problem ba talaga eto and magagawa ko sya DIY? Is this an indication that the car may have been flooded?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    ^^ i guess gen2 mz3 1,6l ba? di naman kita dinidiscourage pero underpower at malakas sa gas. what?? battery in steering wheel???directly konektado ang wiring from all buttons of steering wheel to integrated stereo & vice versa besides no power up needed ang steering wheel nito

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
2nd-hand Mazda 3 advice