New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    I can still vividly remember my conversation with a coworker who has a family biz buy/sell car. I told her I prefer the Mazda3 over the Toyota Altis and Honda Civic. Driving dynamics, simplicity of the interior controls (physical buttons better than touchscreen), elegant exterior design.

She told me "but Mazda has very low resale value"

To which I said "I don't buy a car for high resale value. It's a long term relationship for me. I buy something because it will meet my daily driving needs, and because I love the car."

Yes, I have an emotional attachment to all the cars my family has owned.

Most cars depreciate value after being sold. Resale value is not a huge factor for me.
    Born & coping w/ same exact disorder here.2020 cx-30

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I can still vividly remember my conversation with a coworker who has a family biz buy/sell car. I told her I prefer the Mazda3 over the Toyota Altis and Honda Civic. Driving dynamics, simplicity of the interior controls (physical buttons better than touchscreen), elegant exterior design.

She told me "but Mazda has very low resale value"

To which I said "I don't buy a car for high resale value. It's a long term relationship for me. I buy something because it will meet my daily driving needs, and because I love the car."

Yes, I have an emotional attachment to all the cars my family has owned.

Most cars depreciate value after being sold. Resale value is not a huge factor for me.
    If resale value was such a big deal for me, we would not have bought a Ford, Subaru, VW, and Mitsubishi in the last few years. Except for the VW, all are gas-fed vehicles.

I’d like a Mazda too, a turbo gas one preferably. I just find the Mazda6 such a beautiful car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    CX30 is the ugly duckling of the kodo family. Huge wheel arches on a lifted hatchback looks awkward af. 1.5M for the base model, its priced not to sell. Just like the Rav4.

No wonder we're seeing so many Ford Territories and Geely Coolrays. Looks, power, and price make for a best seller in the subcompact crossover segment never mind if its from China.
    The CX-30 seems ok with me with a dark color, but yeah I'm somewhat in agreement with you here. I'm not a fan of thick plastic trims ljke those found with "sporty" crossovers. Plastic are also a pain in the ass to keep these looking good after 5 years.

The CX-30 is the most expensive at the crossover segment. The are other mass appealing subcompact crossovers that are way more cheaper. At the same price range of the CX-30, the average Pinoy will just go for the safe option like the Innova or the base SUV diesel.

Mazda PH placed themselves at a very difficult situation how to sell their cars in a price conscious Filipino buyers.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The CX-30 seems ok with me with a dark color, but yeah I'm somewhat in agreement with you here. I'm not a fan of thick plastic trims ljke those found with "sporty" crossovers. Plastic are also a pain in the ass to keep these looking good after 5 years.

The CX-30 is the most expensive at the crossover segment. The are other mass appealing subcompact crossovers that are way more cheaper. At the same price range of the CX-30, the average Pinoy will just go for the safe option like the Innova or the base SUV diesel.

Mazda PH placed themselves at a very difficult situation how to sell their cars in a price conscious Filipino buyers.
    2M for the TOTL model is a bit much for a small crossover. You can get the bigger CX5 AWD 2.5G for the same price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789