New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Mazda3 is not meant for drag racing, beat-the-red light itch, etc. A fun driving car with good driving dynamics don't need to be very fast. Take the Mazda3 at the twisty roads, you'll dig it [emoji108]

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Mazda3 is not meant for drag racing, beat-the-red light itch, etc. A fun driving car with good driving dynamics don't need to be very fast. Take the Mazda3 at the twisty roads, you'll dig it [emoji108]
    Like the 86/BRZ twins right? But the mazda 3 looks so good and sporty that its quite disappointing to know that a little subcompact like a honda jazz can beat it in a straight line...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Like the 86/BRZ twins right? But the mazda 3 looks so good and sporty that its quite disappointing to know that a little subcompact like a honda jazz can beat it in a straight line...
    The latest Honda Jazz takes at least 10 sec from 0-100kph. Remove the spare tire and fill in only 1/4 fuel, it can go faster in a straight line. Lightness is a huge factor. If you're into drag racing the Mazda3 ain't your choice [emoji12]

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    The latest Honda Jazz takes at least 10 sec from 0-100kph. Remove the spare tire and fill in only 1/4 fuel, it can go faster in a straight line. Lightness is a huge factor. If you're into drag racing the Mazda3 ain't your choice [emoji12]
    2019 Mazda3 G20 0-100km/h & engine sound - YouTube

2017 Honda Jazz VTi (manual) 0-100km/h & engine sound - YouTube

Mazda 3 2.0 (latest) - 9.49 seconds 0-100 and quarter mile 17.30 seconds

Honda Jazz 1.5 - 8.89 seconds 0-100 and quarter mile 16.84 seconds

Same tester. Jazz is faster even after 100km/h but maybe loses steam after 160km/h. The fiesta (RIP) with the 1.0 turbo was even faster.

Don’t get me wrong, I like what Mazda is doing with the 3 but I just think its a bit slow given it looks sporty and frankly a bit intimidating on the road.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    You can swap the skyactiv engine with a rotary engine. That's one aftermarket mod that will be interesting to see [emoji23]

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    2019 Mazda3 G20 0-100km/h & engine sound - YouTube

2017 Honda Jazz VTi (manual) 0-100km/h & engine sound - YouTube

Mazda 3 2.0 (latest) - 9.49 seconds 0-100 and quarter mile 17.30 seconds

Honda Jazz 1.5 - 8.89 seconds 0-100 and quarter mile 16.84 seconds

Same tester. Jazz is faster even after 100km/h but maybe loses steam after 160km/h. The fiesta (RIP) with the 1.0 turbo was even faster.

Don’t get me wrong, I like what Mazda is doing with the 3 but I just think its a bit slow given it looks sporty and frankly a bit intimidating on the road.
    There are many reasons behind the design of every brand of car and model. Yes I guess Mazda isn't Your cup of tea when it comes to drag. Maybe it also isn't mine. But there are also so much more to Mazda then you'll ever think of. Just like the race disciplines I've been involved with. Some fit Mazda and some do not. But at the end of the day, maybe we can agree that other than drag racing, the vehicle dynamics also plays a crucial role in the design, implementation, and how it will be marketed and accepted. There is really something about Mazda dynamics*that would want you to long for more. Maybe if you will have a chance to drive it or to own one, maybe you'll understand. It's an owner driven car basically.

Sent from my ASUS_X00QD using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson de Leon View Post
    There are many reasons behind the design of every brand of car and model. Yes I guess Mazda isn't Your cup of tea when it comes to drag. Maybe it also isn't mine. But there are also so much more to Mazda then you'll ever think of. Just like the race disciplines I've been involved with. Some fit Mazda and some do not. But at the end of the day, maybe we can agree that other than drag racing, the vehicle dynamics also plays a crucial role in the design, implementation, and how it will be marketed and accepted. There is really something about Mazda dynamics*that would want you to long for more. Maybe if you will have a chance to drive it or to own one, maybe you'll understand. It's an owner driven car basically.

Sent from my ASUS_X00QD using Tapatalk
    We currently own a Mazda 2. Handles great, pretty light. Although its in a different segment, we also own a Focus ecoboost which is ahead in terms of driving enjoyment. I’m just wishing for Mazda to bring in the 2.5L Mazda 3.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    They should just put a 2.5L SkyActiv turbo on the Mazda3 to silence the critics. Add a capable AWD system for extra grip. Hehehehe

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    They should just put a 2.5L SkyActiv turbo on the Mazda3 to silence the critics. Add a capable AWD system for extra grip. Hehehehe
    The NA AWD is offered in other markets. Unlikely to reach our shores.[emoji17]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Overkill.

That might be in the same league as the STI and Civic Type R

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast