New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I acquired a 2018 CX-9, December 2017. I like the ride and handling, it's also fun to drive, and easy to move around, the turbo is also responsive. I hardly use the 3rd row though but in the occasions I did, the people who rode fit in with no problems.
    There are helpful features like the HUD, lane departure warning, proximity sensors (especially when motorcycles get really close to the vehicle), adaptive headlights and rear cross traffic alert sensors that I appreciate. The back-up camera could be better though. I read that the 2020 model has a better one. No apple car play on the 2018 model and installing one sets you back about 18K!

The downside is that it's a big and wide vehicle, so you need to go slow and careful when parking. My wife does not like to drive the CX-9 because of its size and prefers to drive our old Grandis which is a 7-seater too. It also takes a while for the A/C to cool the vehicle, again because of its size.

Overall the CX-9 has given me a smooth comfortable ride, it has good speakers, useful safety features, a responsive engine, easy handling and looks nice. Also, no I-Stop, thank goodness for that.

Downside would be its size especially it's width. I also opted for the CX-9 because it runs on gas (no to diesel for me). Because of this, my choices were really limited to the CX-9 or Ford Explorer. I hope this helps.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Gd am mga sirs. Would like to ask your opinions/comments sana. Is it wise to purchase an entry/base level CX 9, instead of a top variant SUV (Everest/Fortuner)? Yun lang ang limit ng budget for now. Maraming salamat, stay safe!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwrad68 View Post
    Gd am mga sirs. Would like to ask your opinions/comments sana. Is it wise to purchase an entry/base level CX 9, instead of a top variant SUV (Everest/Fortuner)? Yun lang ang limit ng budget for now. Maraming salamat, stay safe!
    Comfort & luxury...the CX9. Solid, reliable platform, too. And that turbo 2.5 is 2018 cx-9. The owners I know who've gotten all love the car.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sobrang layo ng comfort ng CX9 vs Fortuner and Everest.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Whats the real world fc of the cx9?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I get 7-9kpl mixed city and highway
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    Whats the real world fc of the cx9?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did ask a couple of guys who got em...all they said was it's way way more economical than any v6 or 8 they've owned. They weren't the right ones to ask.2018 cx-9
    Here's what Autodeal Ph local test showed...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Comfort & luxury...the CX9. Solid, reliable platform, too. And that turbo 2.5 is 2018 cx-9. The owners I know who've gotten all love the car.

Pretty fast for its size too. May nakasabay ako sa highway recently. I could clearly see the CX9 put some distance and was slowly going further away from me even though I was already stepping all the way in on the accelerator.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post

Thank you sir!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwrad68 View Post
    Thank you sir!
    Anytime, sir. You won't go wrong w/ the CX9, FWD or AWD

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast