New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Thats because most of the local buyers, the ones who have money, are already middle-age/titos and above.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk
    Partly true. Know a few of em owners & asked. Regardless of age, some bought theirs to daily, their work car. City traffic isn't MT friendly anymore. And the modern ATs aren't as bad as the old days. They're quicker now w/ pretend-manual mode + paddles.
    Many don't have access to tracks, nor have that constant purpose & time to go drive like it should be driven. The MX5 is best enjoyed in its meant habitat....out the twisty backroads & wide open, top down, fresh air thru hair....But, it could also be a good city appliance. Easy to drive, weave thru traffic & squeeze into tight park slots.
    I do like the MT better w/ the ND, but also do get why the AT has outsold it by miles. It's 1 of those you wish you can have both.2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Thank you guys for sharing your opinions. Its highly appreciated!! Leaning towards an AT na since its the better choice here. 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017

4. Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Partly true. Know a few of em owners & asked. Regardless of age, some bought theirs to daily, their work car. City traffic isn't MT friendly anymore. And the modern ATs aren't as bad as the old days. They're quicker now w/ pretend-manual mode + paddles.
    Many don't have access to tracks, nor have that constant purpose & time to go drive like it should be driven. The MX5 is best enjoyed in its meant habitat....out the twisty backroads & wide open, top down, fresh air thru hair....But, it could also be a good city appliance. Easy to drive, weave thru traffic & squeeze into tight park slots.
    I do like the MT better w/ the ND, but also do get why the AT has outsold it by miles. It's 1 of those you wish you can have both.2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata

I bought a NA 20yrs ago for the wifey who wanted it for herself. Actually i found it a great fun car to drive both on city streets and the open roads. It was simple, easy to maintain and reliable, like a Toyota. Yet it is not as boring with the steering and handling quite responsive and on par with cars 2x/3x its value. In this respect, it was far ahead of its JDM peers, even vs a Suby (had an STi too). Alas, we had to give it up a few yrs later, as our garage and lifestyle could not allow space for another ride. I still miss my little red NA after all these years!

The ND-AT is a practical compromise without being less un-involving as most stick shifters would say. Instead of the paddles, I just use the M+/- shifter and push up or down to get the feel and it works for me.

Enjoy your Miata, whatever model it is.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle_sam View Post
    Alas, we had to give it up a few yrs later, as our garage and lifestyle could not allow space for another ride. I still miss my little red NA after all these years!
    Oh my, hope it went to a good home. Would've been a great project!
    Mazda Official Miata Restoration Parts Program US List of Items

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Was browsing FB marketplace and tried looking for a Miata. Sadly apart from brandnew, presumably casa examples, there was none for sale, even a B-plate. OTOH there are a few examples of its rival MR-2s for sale, B-plates mostly, but 1 or 2 are local.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Was browsing FB marketplace and tried looking for a Miata. Sadly apart from brandnew, presumably casa examples, there was none for sale, even a B-plate. OTOH there are a few examples of its rival MR-2s for sale, B-plates mostly, but 1 or 2 are local.
    ND Miata ranging from 1.3-1.6M now depending on condition and age.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    22 Mazda MX-5 Miata Suspension Deep Dive | Autoblog

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015