New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    I hope Mazda improves the interior space and cargo capacity of the next gen CX-5 when it comes out in 2021 or 2022...and get rid of the start-stop function so owners can use regular batteries.
    Environmental regulations will push future cars to be more complex. It won't be surprising if Start/Stop systems will be in every future combustion-engined vehicle.
    Maintain your current ones well. Tomorrow's won't be keepers.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    With the release of the Mazda6 2.5L Turbo, I think the CX5 2.5L Turbo might be released soon also.
    For sure it will and wil be pricier... [emoji106]

Hindi ba cx-9 follows the mazda 6 and cx-5 follows mazda 3 in terms of engine displacement?

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    For sure it will and wil be pricier... [emoji106]

Hindi ba cx-9 follows the mazda 6 and cx-5 follows mazda 3 in terms of engine displacement?

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk
    New top spec CX5 Signature has the CX9 & M6 2.5 Sky Turbo, ray bai....yet to reach our shores.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Environmental regulations will push future cars to be more complex. It won't be surprising if Start/Stop systems will be in every future combustion-engined vehicle.
    Maintain your current ones well. Tomorrow's won't be keepers.

I think automakers are still sorting out the technologies that will allow them to meet Corporate Average Fuel Economy targets set by developed markets. Start stop systems deliver terrific mpg gains (5-10% according to some studies) but might not make sense in gridlocked cities like Manila, Bangkok and Jakarta. Current belt driven CVTs will likely be replaced by planetary gear CVTs like the one developed by Dana; diesel engines might be replaced by Mazda’s Skyactive X or Nissan’s Variable Compression Engines;Hybrid cars might go mainstream in less than a decade while full plug-in EVS and their required eco systems are still being developed; somebody might unlock the key to hydrogen powered vehicles within our lifetime.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    I think automakers are still sorting out the technologies that will allow them to meet Corporate Average Fuel Economy targets set by developed markets. Start stop systems deliver terrific mpg gains (5-10% according to some studies) but might not make sense in gridlocked cities like Manila, Bangkok and Jakarta. Current belt driven CVTs will likely be replaced by planetary gear CVTs like the one developed by Dana; diesel engines might be replaced by Mazda’s Skyactive X or Nissan’s Variable Compression Engines;Hybrid cars might go mainstream in less than a decade while full plug-in EVS and their required eco systems are still being developed; somebody might unlock the key to hydrogen powered vehicles within our lifetime.
    The primary purpose of Start/Stop systems is more emissions than kilometers & liters. It won't make sense in freeway dominant regions & here where traffic hardly ever moves.
    Everything you mentioned....inevitable. No turning back. And we....the old school mechanically inclined together with the classics...will be forced into extinction.[emoji852]
    I'd still say...let's all enjoy whatever vehicles we currently have. Don't wait to lose to appreciate em more....The coming won't be as much joy to own.[emoji17]

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Just took delivery of a 22 AWD 9. Are the 2nd row, 3rd row, and rear windows tinted by the factory? My dealer says it's colored privacy glass. Can't quite believe that.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by desmosedici View Post
    Just took delivery of a 22 AWD 9. Are the 2nd row, 3rd row, and rear windows tinted by the factory? My dealer says it's colored privacy glass. Can't quite believe that.
    Our 2013 CX5 had colored privacy glass in the back. We had to look for a tint for the front window that matched.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Our 2013 CX5 had colored privacy glass in the back. We had to look for a tint for the front window that matched.
    That is not good news as I was planning for a full Huper Optik install. Which brand of tint matched your colored glass by the way?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by desmosedici View Post
    That is not good news as I was planning for a full Huper Optik install. Which brand of tint matched your colored glass by the way?
    IIRC it was the cheapest 3M medium.