New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^ prices are being posted on *******, your agent must've fallen asleep during orientation ...

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    ^^^ prices are being posted on *******, your agent must've fallen asleep during orientation ...
    Lupit ng source, astig!

Baka nga tulog 👍🏽

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleman View Post
    Price for CX-3 is already out Php 1.288M
    I can neither confirm nor deny. But I can say that that's not the price for the AWD.

-

Hmm... seems they've sanitized OLX. Can't find the prices there.

-

It will be very interesting to see how this class shapes up. The EcoSport's sales dominance won't be ending any time soon, the price is just too big a factor to ignore. But the Juke seems to sell decently (not in great numbers... but at least it sells) because of the styling.

The Mazda will come out way above them in terms of price *if the above is true*... but Mazda's interiors and creature comforts simply kick ass on all the competition, and in terms of vehicle dynamics, there isn't anything out there that's close. Maybe the Juke would have something to say if they brought in the Nismo model... but with the sluggish CVT and that 1.6... no dice.

Still... personally... the one car in the class that makes the most sense is the Trax. Big interior. Big power. Good economy. And a middlingly decent transmission. Only let down by the brand image... but still...

If I were going for an MT, I'm still rather particular to the EcoSport Trend... plasticky interior and all. Just wish Ford would offer AWD here. Not that it's needed on-road, but it would be fun to have a modern alternative to the Jimny... even if it won't be as capable off-road.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I can neither confirm nor deny. But I can say that that's not the price for the AWD.

-

Hmm... seems they've sanitized OLX. Can't find the prices there.

-

It will be very interesting to see how this class shapes up. The EcoSport's sales dominance won't be ending any time soon, the price is just too big a factor to ignore. But the Juke seems to sell decently (not in great numbers... but at least it sells) because of the styling.

The Mazda will come out way above them in terms of price *if the above is true*... but Mazda's interiors and creature comforts simply kick ass on all the competition, and in terms of vehicle dynamics, there isn't anything out there that's close. Maybe the Juke would have something to say if they brought in the Nismo model... but with the sluggish CVT and that 1.6... no dice.

Still... personally... the one car in the class that makes the most sense is the Trax. Big interior. Big power. Good economy. And a middlingly decent transmission. Only let down by the brand image... but still...

If I were going for an MT, I'm still rather particular to the EcoSport Trend... plasticky interior and all. Just wish Ford would offer AWD here. Not that it's needed on-road, but it would be fun to have a modern alternative to the Jimny... even if it won't be as capable off-road.
    The 2, 3, and CX5 all have class leading dynamics and are well-kitted, yet are still lagging in terms of sales.

As with most other things, branding matters more than anything else.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^ Or maybe it's because of limited supply ...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The 2, 3, and CX5 all have class leading dynamics and are well-kitted, yet are still lagging in terms of sales.

As with most other things, branding matters more than anything else.

IMHO, partly limited supply, partly price, at this point. I think the brand image has moved on from the troubles of the old Mazda Philippines... but people are still hesitant due to the relatively high price and lack of dealership support in some areas.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    i think its worth saying too that Mazda builds its vehicles with the driver as top consideration, and that for others who want a point a to point b vehicle would otherwise miss this and go to the more popular choices.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Saw a white AWD CX-3 this morning at SLEX. Rear was just like the 2, but the added height and front fascia similar to 3 and CX-5 just makes it look great in actual.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    ^^^ Or maybe it's because of limited supply ...
    C'mon, the CX5 and 3 have been out for 2 years now and they're still not selling anywhere near the segment leaders (Forester/CRV and Altis, respectively).
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    IMHO, partly limited supply, partly price, at this point. I think the brand image has moved on from the troubles of the old Mazda Philippines... but people are still hesitant due to the relatively high price and lack of dealership support in some areas.
    Berjaya did very well by fixing everything that FMC/Ford did wrong with Mazda 2 decades ago.

They now release models much quicker, unlike the 2009 Mazda 3 that was only released in 2012 and was quickly replaced by the Skyactiv.

They are working on the stigma of expensive maintenance by offering Yojin 3. And from experience, their parts prices at the dealership are reasonably priced, just about 30% higher than Banawe prices, at least for my Mazda 3. The best thing is that they have stocks of odd, rare parts that none of the Banawe shops carry.

However, Mazda is really not geared to be a volume-seller brand. All over the world, Mazda gets good reviews, but never class-leading sales. The driver-first mentality is a car enthusiast's dream, but most car buyers aren't car enthusiasts.

The inherent flaw of most of Mazda's current lineup is that they're all very cramped inside relative to the competition. Between good handling and space, most ordinary buyers prefer space.

Then there's the chicken-and-egg scenario of resale value. Cars have low resale values when they didn't sell much during their production years, because naturally people expect poor parts availability later on. But cars don't sell much because of the perception of poor resale value, resulting in a vicious cycle that's quite hard to break out of.

Mazda, Nissan, and other small brands suffer from this, while Toyota benefits. It's an example of how brand-building is really a long game, and it is very difficult to topple the existing leaders.

Last edited by jut703; August 27th, 2016 at 04:44 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Mazda is a small company. Their production cannot meet demand in other countries as well. Their total vehicle sales in the U.S. is less than the number of Honda CR-Vs sold there.