New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1188 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 1088113811781184118511861187118811891190119111921198 ... LastLast
Results 11,871 to 11,880 of 12058
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Hey sir Travs, thanks for the info! I just recalled I asked the same question a year ago. Now I remember 2014 Mazda 3
    OVT long overdue. You guys should've been enjoying your kodos more long ago.2014 Mazda 3

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    thinking of getting a 2014 Mazda 3. what issues should i consider if i decide to get this model?

thanks

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart.2006 View Post
    thinking of getting a 2014 Mazda 3. what issues should i consider if i decide to get this model?

thanks
    "dr. d, quiet ka diyan! alam naman nila na toyota fan kah..."
    heh heh.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "dr. d, quiet ka diyan! alam naman nila na toyota fan kah..."
    heh heh.
    Onga Doc. Di ko sabihin na nakapila ka na sa Mazda 3 ko

1.5 or 2.0? The 2.0 has a start/stop system that requires a special battery. It also has a capacitor that may or may not be on its way out. The capacitor is available from 3rd party providers for around 50k. You can ask the owner to start the car and check for warning lights on the dash. The 1.5 is much simpler.

Common issues for both are:
    - suspension: stab links and strut insulators. Some higher mileage units need their lower arms replaced as well due to cracked bushings.
    - engine supports
    - accessory belt and tensioner: there is a cylinder that maintains tension to the "fan" belt. Old versions were prone to leaking and were replaced via recall.
    - caliper bolts: if the brakes were rarely serviced and greased then there may be play in the caliper bolts due to rubbing and will cause suspension noise. These bolts are replaceable.

Yojin3 started in 2013 so you are fairly sure that it's been casa-maintained for the first 3 years. This should be reflected in the service records.

Some early 1.5s don't have rear cameras installed. These are available and will output video on the headunit.

Most units of that age might not have the Android Auto/Apple Carplay module installed. These are also readily available.

Do not get the 1.6 Maxx. This has the 2014 body but has the old Ford engine. These don't have the OEM reverse sensors and don't have the SkyActiv badge in the rear. They also don't have the HU screen and controller beside the handbrake.

Otherwise it's been a pretty problem-free ownership for our daily driver since October 2014

Edit: kaya ng 1.5 umakyat ng Baguio with 4 adults and a full trunk via Tuba-Asin road
    Last edited by JohnM; June 29th, 2022 at 12:46 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart.2006 View Post

thanks
    Probably dirty carbon-covered intake valves.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Probably dirty carbon-covered intake valves.
    The casa and some third-party shops offer valve cleaning services. I'll ask my mechanic if it's advisable. The Skyactiv engine was specifically designed to minimize carbon deposits on the intake valve.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    The Skyactiv engine was specifically designed to minimize carbon deposits on the intake valve.
    Lots of videos show otherwise. A direct injected engine will have dirty intake valves. As long as performance is not affected, its good. Only worry is if a huge carbon chunk falls into the combustion chamber.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    The casa and some third-party shops offer valve cleaning services. I'll ask my mechanic if it's advisable. The Skyactiv engine was specifically designed to minimize carbon deposits on the intake valve.
    lol no. direct injected = dirty valves. unavoidable because there's no fuel spray to clean it up.

Skyactiv Owners Beware: Intake Valve Deposits! | Mazdaspeed 3 Forums

Skyactiv Intake Valve Deposits - Photos| Bobistheoilguy

Engines that are actually designed to minimize carbon deposits add back port injection to direct in a dual injection system. Examples of this are high performance versions of the Audi 2.0T:

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    lol no. direct injected = dirty valves. unavoidable because there's no fuel spray to clean it up.

Engines that are actually designed to minimize carbon deposits add back port injection to direct in a dual injection system. Examples of this are high performance versions of the Audi 2.0T:

Newer ecoboost engines and brz/86 have both port and direct. Best of both worlds. Others should do this

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post

Dual injection is indeed the way to go. Toyota introduced that in their D4-S V6s in early or mid 2000s.
    Though carbon deposit is DI's known bane, Mazda has pretty much skirted or pushed back the effects better than others, esp Bimmers. 8years of Skyactiv ownership & I've yet to sense any symptom, twitch or drop. Still, not worried...got access to a bud's walnut equipment & 1.5Sky-specific nozzle milled to fit a BMW tech part ready in the parts bin. Had some practice & test runs tucked, too. It really is the only proper way.2014 Mazda 3Attachment 42095Attachment 42096

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app