New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1177 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 1077112711671173117411751176117711781179118011811187 ... LastLast
Results 11,761 to 11,770 of 12058
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Planning to clean the brake discs for our cars including my M3.

Which is better for brake cleaning?

CRC Brakleen or Gunk? 20211010_110244.jpg

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Planning to clean the brake discs for our cars including my M3.

Which is better for brake cleaning?

CRC Brakleen or Gunk? 20211010_110244.jpg
    You might wanna check cheaper ones?2014 Mazda 3

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    not bad for 3.7k price.. usually i spend 2.4k for the oil change.. 2k for oil and around 400 for the mazda oil filter.

another 1.5k for the air filter and cabin filter using fleetmax for air and js for cabin. of course labor is free.. hehe

btw, im hearing squealing noise on my new brake pads (mazda).. i think the pads were not that good compared to the pads installed in the factory..

any locally available brake pads recommended?

i see bendix pads available for the skyactiv and the brakeforce brand available online.. not sure with this brand as they market it as "ceramic" technology something..

price is close to 2k each while mazda brand (nbk) at around 4.8k each

i checked that the factory pads are also made by nbk..
    The stock Akebonos were really good. The EBC Redstuff currently on our 3, even better. Cleaner w/ more bite. Just not sure if locally available.

The BPs & CX30s now have Ate off the factory. Noisy pads. Mazda should've stuck w/ Akebono.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    You might wanna check cheaper ones?2014 Mazda 3

Thanks sir Travs I'll check these. Which one have you used?

Do I simply spray the cleaner around the brake disc outer side? Anything I should cover and/or avoid spraying at the brake caliper area?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017

Do I simply spray the cleaner around the brake disc outer side? Anything I should cover and/or avoid spraying at the brake caliper area?
    I think you should avoid spraying the rubber. Since you are there, you might want to use this kind of lubricant:

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    double dribble

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015

Tried CRC & Wurth, both work as advertised. I'm sure the other brands would, too. Nothing really delicate, but as Brother Bossing advised, skip the rubber bits & use the proper lube.

Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I think you should avoid spraying the rubber. Since you are there, you might want to use this kind of lubricant:

2014 Mazda 3

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    The stock Akebonos were really good. The EBC Redstuff currently on our 3, even better. Cleaner w/ more bite. Just not sure if locally available.

The BPs & CX30s now have Ate off the factory. Noisy pads. Mazda should've stuck w/ Akebono.

the ones i bought have NBK markings.. i assume these are nisshinbo?

i tried using bendix.. the noise is gone.. so i conclude the pads were the culprit.. but i feel less bite from bendix need to step harder to get the brake grip i want..

btw i have another problem, my blower fan motor gave up.. hayyy

at first, i smelled something "burning" then suddenly i heard a ticking sound in the blower fan.. at first i thought something got sucked inside..

upon inspection, its all clean.. but turning the motor, i can feel something is lodged inside.. inspection reveals its clean.. no foreign object..

upon testing.. i can see electricity arcing from the motor brush.. i don't know what happened but it looks like the commutator are already worn out..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    for sharing to mazda owners... we can use the same blower fan motor from a toyota innova rear blower (denso)

it is an exact fit.. you just need to transfer your original blower blade and transpose the connectors.. you just need to lift a tab inside the female connector to remove and interchange the terminals!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nice! Is there a price difference with the Mazda-specific part? Or is this more of an availability issue?

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk