New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1159 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 1059110911491155115611571158115911601161116211631169 ... LastLast
Results 11,581 to 11,590 of 12058
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by togmolodon View Post
    I asked Mazda PH via email about this particular TSB, will wait for their comment.
    Mazda PH official reply is that the aforementioned TSB is not a recall and is not applicable here.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Mazda PH official reply is that the aforementioned TSB is not a recall and is not applicable here.
    Somehow this gives an impression that the Mazda PH is pretty much like the overpriced Ford after sales.

I wonder if there's a way to delete this eloop system or disable it.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Somehow this gives an impression that the Mazda PH is pretty much like the overpriced Ford after sales.

I wonder if there's a way to delete this eloop system or disable it.
    It may not have been MazdaPh's say. Our market is just too small for MazdaJp to justify building special stripped down models for than simply shipping over what they already have for Europe & the 1st world.
    iStop & iEloop were to satisfy EU-imposed emissions regulations & to bring down the 'showroom' tax on each sold Mazda. This Dutch guy explains how it works over there.
    Be kind to MommaEarth or pay....
    We complain when cars over here lack what others have....& we do the same when we get everything they have.[emoji38]
    That's why I got 'TOTL' Kodos...the 1.5s...No iStop, No iEloop, No pricey batts. What it lacked, OVT made up w/o any added attention nor care..[emoji4][emoji120]
    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    This is the reason why Mazda requires a Q85 start/stop batt at the very least...it's to protect the pricey Mazda Battery Management system w/c iEloop, its capacitor & the iStop are part of. We've been reading those who swear by Regular Flooded Amarons filling in well for the factory spec'd EFBs/AGMs....Had I an iStop/iEloop vehicle, I'd never dare challenge the factory engineers & designers....The consequences just may not be worth going penny wise. iEloop capacitor failure will surely make one pound foolish.[emoji17]

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    M̶a̶y̶ ̶i̶-̶e̶l̶o̶o̶p̶ ̶n̶a̶ ̶a̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶a̶z̶d̶a̶ ̶3̶ ̶n̶g̶a̶y̶o̶n̶?̶

Edit: nawala sa isip ko na may eloop ung BM/BN 3s

6. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    This is the reason why Mazda requires a Q85 start/stop batt at the very least...it's to protect the pricey Mazda Battery Management system w/c iEloop, its capacitor & the iStop are part of. We've been reading those who swear by Regular Flooded Amarons filling in well for the factory spec'd EFBs/AGMs....Had I an iStop/iEloop vehicle, I'd never dare challenge the factory engineers & designers....The consequences just may not be worth going penny wise. iEloop capacitor failure will surely make one pound foolish.[emoji17]

Correct me if I'm wrong but if I remember correctly you're one of the staunch supporters of non-casa supplied batteries, were you not?

Anyway, according to the casa mechanic the Delkor Q85 with 660CCA is more than enough because the casa supplied Q85 Yuasa is only rated 650CCA.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Correct me if I'm wrong but if I remember correctly you're one of the staunch supporters of non-casa supplied batteries, were you not?

Anyway, according to the casa mechanic the Delkor Q85 with 660CCA is more than enough because the casa supplied Q85 Yuasa is only rated 650CCA.
    Yuasa isn't the lone brand that carries Q85 EFB out there. Delkor, Energizer, Panasonic, even Amaron got versions that satisfy factory specs....& cheaper, too. AGMs are out there...even better.
    In your case, it's unlikely about battery incompatibility. I'm hoping it's more the tech's inability to properly diagnose the issue.[emoji120]

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    sir, try cleaning the connections first.. did they checked the capacitor? there are long power lines running on the driver side going to the driver's seat..

there is a possibility of laminates forming in between the connection that returns high resistance reading of the capacitor..

happened to me once.. i was troubleshooting a car with no power... tightened battery terminals to no avail.. then i totally removed the terminals to properly clean using sand paper.. lo and behold, the power was restored!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    sir, try cleaning the connections first.. did they checked the capacitor? there are long power lines running on the driver side going to the driver's seat..

there is a possibility of laminates forming in between the connection that returns high resistance reading of the capacitor..

happened to me once.. i was troubleshooting a car with no power... tightened battery terminals to no avail.. then i totally removed the terminals to properly clean using sand paper.. lo and behold, the power was restored!
    ^Sound advice...had a similar bout w/ a '14 Honda City. Poor + contact on a cable connector.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post

I doubt the casa will do this, they didn't even try to reset like I told them to, I don't know how to DIY this either. Appreciate any recommendations where this can be done.