New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1131 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 10311081112111271128112911301131113211331134113511411181 ... LastLast
Results 11,301 to 11,310 of 12058
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post

Cleaned rear brakes and torqued to spec and cleaned under chassis and wheel well liners.

I dont like the liners.. they are soft and good sound absorber but they also absorb water and trap dirt..

Looks like mazda alabang only emptied brake cleaners during yojin.. scrubbed brake dust on the wheels and the brake calipers..

Cleaned the wheels and torqued to spec

I wish you were near my place, I can be your assistant.
    2014 Mazda 3

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Guys.. regarding fuel requirements.. can we use petron blaze 100 for skyactiv? I remember here that regular fuel will do fine.. manual says 91 RON or above except for europe which requires 95 RON.. Anyway.. im thinking using blaze since its not mixed with E10 and i think its clean burning? So less carbon? Also good during when car is stored since theres no E10..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I wish you were near my place, I can be your assistant.
    2014 Mazda 3
    A helping hand is appreciated.. hehehe.. will start on the front brakes tomorrow. Will update here once done.. i also took out the under carriage plastic cover for cleaning.. nice to see the car did not sustain any scrapes!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Guys.. regarding fuel requirements.. can we use petron blaze 100 for skyactiv? I remember here that regular fuel will do fine.. manual says 91 RON or above except for europe which requires 95 RON.. Anyway.. im thinking using blaze since its not mixed with E10 and i think its clean burning? So less carbon? Also good during when car is stored since theres no E10..
    A friend of mine used to fill his Mazda 3 with higher octane fuel and in the end nasira yata ang engine kaya better to use the specified fuel sa manual.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Why spend more if you can get the same performance and fuel efficiency as 95RON or 91RON? We have two turbo gas cars and we only feed it with 95RON.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by vinrem View Post
    A friend of mine used to fill his Mazda 3 with higher octane fuel and in the end nasira yata ang engine kaya better to use the specified fuel sa manual.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Urban legend, sir?2014 Mazda 3 He might've filled er up w/ bad fuel from some random pump/s. Skyactivs here(13:1comp ratio) are similar w/ USDM ones...tuned to not ping w/ regular unleaded. Use of higher octane won't have any felt performance gains/benefits....unless remapped. The 14:1 variants, like those in Europe, run on premium petrol.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Why spend more if you can get the same performance and fuel efficiency as 95RON or 91RON? We have two turbo gas cars and we only feed it with 95RON.

Just worried with E10 staying long in the tank this ECQ.. Also I have a fleet card from Petron and im worried with Petron fuels compatibility with skyactiv.. i read here that shell fuel save is recommended

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Just worried with E10 staying long in the tank this ECQ.. Also I have a fleet card from Petron and im worried with Petron fuels compatibility with skyactiv.. i read here that shell fuel save is recommended
    Our rides had their last gas fill around middle of March when ECQ was implemented. Only the Civic turbo had a fill two weeks ago. No issue naman with fuel content. I was even doing 150kmh at SLEX earlier today. Hehehehe

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    googling,
    E10 recommendation ranged from from 3 months to 6 months.
    my car has been in the garage since middle of march. when it started it last week, it was an unremarkable experience naman.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I did dig on the history why Mazda endorsed Shell. Prior to Skyactiv introduction here, Mazda conducted a survey of local fuel quality from random pumps everywhere, of all the brands around then, Big3 & bit players. Samples were sent to Japan for tests. Shell's came out most consistent.
    The endorsement may have come w/ concessions, as commonly perceived..... but this was more to provide a degree of insurance to help the planned Yojin3 program be most efficient....catering more to PMS than projected fuel-related issues.
    Work fleet was formerly w/ Petron. Some quality issues moved us over to Shell way before we got our 1st Mazda. So far, so good. Knock on wood.🤞2014 Mazda 3
    Oh, if E10 bothers you...use this....