New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1124 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 10241074111411201121112211231124112511261127112811341174 ... LastLast
Results 11,231 to 11,240 of 12058
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Gross includes passengers? How does LTO classify weight? The hobo3 hatch is classified LIGHT, though.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Would you believe that the Accent CRDI is classified as a medium? Sarsi showed us his LTO registration for his Accent and it costs like a Camry. Its GVW is declared over 1600kg.

GVW values are declared by the manufacturer to LTO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Checked its registration and its denomination is Car Medium with gross weight of 1655kgs

3. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Sound is very faint... maybe i'm just focusing my sonic ears on the left suspension as i've read here regarding the sound.. the overall test drive is very good..

The feedback here regarding nvh is true.. i can hear road noise and the engine.. what i like is its sound.. its a little throaty!
    Worth looking into the wiper cowl issue also if you hear it near the A-pillar and dashboard. Mazdas had a lot of rattle issues but very easy fixes.

You'll enjoy the fuel economy of the skyactiv, pretty much best in class. If I recall, the 2.0 can do 9-10km/l city with i-stop.

Also regarding i-stop batteries, they say it's recommended to use EFB or AGM batts which are usually double the price at around 10k++. Personally though, I along with fellow Mazda owners have been using regular Amaron Pro for the past 4+ years, some even with i-stop. Still lasts your usual 2-3+ year lifespan. I don't really use that feature, except for timed traffic lights more than a minute long.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Would you believe that the Accent CRDI is classified as a medium? Sarsi showed us his LTO registration for his Accent and it costs like a Camry. Its GVW is declared over 1600kg.

GVW values are declared by the manufacturer to LTO.

Can that be changed with lto?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Can that be changed with lto?
    Sadly no. As mentioned, manufacturers share those data directly to LTO. That data is then reflected on the CR of the car. If you want a car classified as light by LTO, go with a City or Vios or Mazda2.

Kung puwede baguhin yan, most of midsize car owners may have altered their car’s CR already. Hehehe

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Kaya mas sulit kung Mazda6 na used bilhin since same lang LTO fees with a Mazda3 2.0L.
    Hehe. True, but we don't let LTO classification dictate our purchases, bai.[emoji4]Not all are into large sedans.[emoji16]

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Hehe. True, but we let LTO classification dictate our purchases, bai.[emoji4]Not all are into large sedans.[emoji16]

Midsize cars have low resale value and most are not used that much compared to compacts. If you check the prices of used cars, a used Accord is around the same as a Civic. Same goes with a Mazda6 to the Mazda3.

Not pushing it but it is an option for used car buyers.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    Worth looking into the wiper cowl issue also if you hear it near the A-pillar and dashboard. Mazdas had a lot of rattle issues but very easy fixes.

You'll enjoy the fuel economy of the skyactiv, pretty much best in class. If I recall, the 2.0 can do 9-10km/l city with i-stop.

Also regarding i-stop batteries, they say it's recommended to use EFB or AGM batts which are usually double the price at around 10k++. Personally though, I along with fellow Mazda owners have been using regular Amaron Pro for the past 4+ years, some even with i-stop. Still lasts your usual 2-3+ year lifespan. I don't really use that feature, except for timed traffic lights more than a minute long.
    thanks for the advise. at least we can use amaron pro. also not a fan of stopping the engine in stop lights as i usually accelerate hard on green.. hehehe

already have a ctek charger, i can squeeze every drop from the battery. my experience with amaron in recent years is very good. battery can last 3 years. with motolite, always die few days after warranty

9. Join Date
    May 2016
    thanks for the advise. at least we can use amaron pro. also not a fan of stopping the engine in stop lights as i usually accelerate hard on green.. hehehe

already have a ctek charger, i can squeeze every drop from the battery. my experience with amaron in recent years is very good. battery can last 3 years. with motolite, always die few days after warranty
    No point getting EFB if you don't use i-stop anyway diba? Hehe. I-stop or no i-stop, battery still lasted the same.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007

Ganyan ganyan din experience ko with Motolite!

Pero ang advantage na sinasabi ng friend ko is, if its within warranty, they will service the battery for you on site. Plus kung saan ka masiraan, may service etc. But ako, i have a J&C battery booster/jumper. I bring it along kapag out of town. Plus kapag 1 year old na din yun battery ko. Hehe!

Sent from my ASUS_X00QD using Tapatalk