New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1083 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 98310331073107910801081108210831084108510861087109311331183 ... LastLast
Results 10,821 to 10,830 of 12058
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    hello sirs- planning to get a 2017 mazda 3 2.0R- 40th km check was done under yohjin 3 last Aug 2018 but the owner did not use it much and missed the last yohjin 3 service this Jan 2019. to date car has logged 42th km. some clarifications that might impact purchase decision:

1.) is the car still covered by the 3 year warranty period?

2.) can i still use the yohjin 3 coupons for the free service despite missing the jan 2019 service schedule?

3.) car is using 1sm motolite normal battery now, will this damage the car? if i just change it to the casa efb battery then would it be ok or is the warranty voided when they see a different battery installed?

appreciate the help, thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by buchieboy View Post
    hello sirs- planning to get a 2017 mazda 3 2.0R- 40th km check was done under yohjin 3 last Aug 2018 but the owner did not use it much and missed the last yohjin 3 service this Jan 2019. to date car has logged 42th km. some clarifications that might impact purchase decision:

1.) is the car still covered by the 3 year warranty period?

2.) can i still use the yohjin 3 coupons for the free service despite missing the jan 2019 service schedule?

3.) car is using 1sm motolite normal battery now, will this damage the car? if i just change it to the casa efb battery then would it be ok or is the warranty voided when they see a different battery installed?

appreciate the help, thanks!
    dont worry about the the warranty. no car has self destructed after the warranty lapsed.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    dont worry about the the warranty. no car has self destructed after the warranty lapsed.
    thanks- worried that they might not cover any parts that needs to be replaced

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    lower arm bushing for every fwd will eventually fail... just prep for that

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Don't worry, the car just forfeited the lapsed coupon. The others left are still valid. The batt? As long as everything's functioning properly, a simple swap to the proper EFB or AGM Q85 batt will ease your batt life worries.
    For warranty claims, they're usually assessed & validated by dealership service prior to approval. Again, if it's any consolation or assurance, the gen3 (BM/BN) is into its 6th year w/ no concerning issues.

Worry less & enjoy more. Happy motorin', sir![emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Order the combo from the US, sir.

Noted, sir travs.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    lower arm bushing for every fwd will eventually fail... just prep for that
    thanks for the heads up

how about the yohjin 3 coupons? will lapsed coupons still be usable? owners missed the service schedule for jan 2019

thanks

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Don't worry, the car just forfeited the lapsed coupon. The others left are still valid. For warranty claims, they're usually assessed & validated by dealership service prior to approval. Again, if it's any consolation or assurance, the gen3 has been around for 5years w/ no known major issues.
    Worry less & enjoy more. Happy motorin', sir![emoji4]

thanks sir!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Scott Kilmer's take on the Mazda Skyactiv engine

"the problems with the mazda are... you gotta change the oil a lot"

The Truth About Mazdas - YouTube

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Scott Kilmer's take on the Mazda Skyactiv engine

"the problems with the mazda are... you gotta change the oil a lot"

The Truth About Mazdas - YouTube
    In part, B1[emoji16], Scotty made some sense there but could've better articulated the reasons that aren't limited to Skyactivs but ALL Direct Injected engines.
    Oil specs & change interval play a big part in DI's known weakness...Carbon Buildup. To delay this & its effects, any Direct Injection engine would definitely benefit from shorter OCIs (hence the "change the oil a lot" comment[emoji4]) & using the right OE spec'd synthetic oil over mineral.
    Who doesn't love Scotty?[emoji4] I just wish he'd hand-signal less & verbally express more.... than just "REV UP YOUR ENGINES"![emoji16]