New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1202 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 110211521192119811991200120112021203120412051206 LastLast
Results 12,011 to 12,020 of 12058
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    Oh I thought Mazda only recommends using lower octane fuel?
    Yeah... i read that in other countries, 95 octane is recommended.. I just don't know why it does that with petron xtra unleaded with 91..

didn't try with XCS..

using xtra unleaded, the trip computer always hover at 12L/100km.. i just managed to bring it to 11L/100km..

using blaze, with my heavy right foot, it always hover at 10L/100km.. relax mode can bring it to 9L/100km..

what really bothers me is that the engine registered a misfire with the xtra unleaded which I never experienced using blaze..

I also used unioil 97.. no problems too..

what's so scary is that a pending engine code error can result to i-stop / eloop errors.. was so shocked to see the master caution light pop up.. WTF..

see dealer immediately.. o my.. I thought the capacitor gave out eh..

its good that I have the scangauge.. force cleared the error and the caution light is gone.. no pending code in the i-stop module found using the forscan

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    again, have your spark plugs replaced every 20k... will replace mine every 20k for precautionary measure.. its good that the ceramic piece didn't cause any trouble with the piston, lining and the exhaust valve.. really good that I have a borescope in hand to check..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Mazda's high compression NA Skyactivs can run on regular petrol w/o pinging. You can always go higher octane, but expect no felt bump on HP/torque when on stock tune. On the SkyTurbo engine, running higher octane will have real felt benefits.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Fuel economy of my M3 BN 2.0L hatchback. I'm using just the shell fuel save 91 octane since 2018

I even got more than 11 km/Li during the pandemic years. Baguio trip fuel economy ranges between 13 to 15 km/Li (with spirited driving) screenshot_20230317_220841_fuelio.jpg

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    again, have your spark plugs replaced every 20k... will replace mine every 20k for precautionary measure.. its good that the ceramic piece didn't cause any trouble with the piston, lining and the exhaust valve.. really good that I have a borescope in hand to check..
    Probably an outlier issue with your Mazda3?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Tuloy ko na lang dito ang hyperflash discussion.

May flasher relay pa ba ang SkyActiv or is it the same sa previous gen na ECU controlled na?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Tuloy ko na lang dito ang hyperflash discussion.

May flasher relay pa ba ang SkyActiv or is it the same sa previous gen na ECU controlled na?
    Ecu controlled.. the clicking sound is just coming from the small speaker behind the buttons on the lower left..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Probably an outlier issue with your Mazda3?
    Possibly... #4 sparky got the largest broken piece.. and #2 sparky already have a nick of ceramic broken...

As for the fuel.. not a clue whats with petron xtra unleaded.. even the acceleration is different.. not that responsive like with blaze.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Ecu controlled.. the clicking sound is just coming from the small speaker behind the buttons on the lower left..
    Thanks for the confirmation. Inline resistor it is.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    installed android auto kit.. nice.. don't know if its the original but it works.. hehe.. bought for half the price of locally available kit..

comes with instruction, cables, foam wrap and the usb hub... looks legit, even the connectors, labels are all mazda etc..

1st attempt to connect.. success.. but after a few minutes it turned off.. almost went to panic mode thinking I made a mistake.. but it turns out the unit just updated itself.. the GUI changed a bit and have a much better response compared to my first connection.. happy now

btw, filled with petron XCS today.. will update on the result..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Are you using Android Auto? Last time I checked the multi-pane "Coolwalk" UI is not available for Waze yet. It only works with Google Maps and Spotify for now.

Found out that the lights still work even while they're hyperflashing. Does it bypass some component in the bulb when it starts overheating?

My inline-resistors are on the way. Abangan.