New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1201 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 110111511191119711981199120012011202120312041205 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,010 of 12058
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Reading some of the posts, owners seem to be doing a lot of workaround for a car that's not even 10 years old.
    Because it's very workaround friendly. Who would think that a car released in 2013 would still be eligible for the AA/CP upgrade after 8 years? Parts are readily available (except for body parts which take more than 2 months to order) and there are certified mechanics available outside of the casa.

I find the Mazda 3 forums more helpful than the supposedly tuner-rezing Subaru group where the default answer is 2211 or FusionR.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    i noticed that the #4 support is too soft.. the replacement i got have harder rubber.. got it from a seller in shopee..

at first engine vibrations are more noticeable in the new support but disappeared after a few days of use.

i noticed that shifts are more solid, less clunky.. saw some mazda "hacks" where they fill the #4 support with poly sealant to make it stiffer..
    Could you please share the link. Thanks.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Because it's very workaround friendly. Who would think that a car released in 2013 would still be eligible for the AA/CP upgrade after 8 years? Parts are readily available (except for body parts which take more than 2 months to order) and there are certified mechanics available outside of the casa.

I find the Mazda 3 forums more helpful than the supposedly tuner-rezing Subaru group where the default answer is 2211 or FusionR.
    Fun cars tend to draw more enthusiasts & DIYers. These communities/forums often are a rich resource on dealership weaning & modifications.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by RedlineJunkie View Post
    The OEM #4 support doesn't last long. Twice replaced on my 2017 Mazda 3, first 20k+ km and on another 20k+ km. What brand did you get as a replacement? Where did you sourced it?

How would you know if it's due for replacement?

My 2017 M3 is more than 30T km already but so far I don't feel any strong and unusual vibration from the engine.

I also maintain a 1st gen Mazda 3. I usually go to MazFord store at Banawe and Visayas Ave QC to get my replacement parts for the 1st gen. I should probably ask for the 3rd gen engine support parts at my next visit.

Try also Mhonworks at Taguig.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    The sky threw an tantrum on me.. a bit slight... in the past week, I noticed my i-stop is always "not ready" specifically the engine.. so i investigate, reset i-stop, same result.. engine is not ready..

Plugged the scan gauge.. there in the pending code is P0303.. engine misfire detected at cylinder #3.. and P0300.. wtf?

Last week, i wanted to experiment and filled her with petron Xtra unleaded.. the sucker got used to the blaze, and the shift to the lower octane threw the pending code..

Cleared the DTC and all is well..

Consumption in the trip computer using

blaze average at 10L/100km

Xtra average at 11.5L/100km

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post

My 2017 M3 is more than 30T km already but so far I don't feel any strong and unusual vibration from the engine.

I also maintain a 1st gen Mazda 3. I usually go to MazFord store at Banawe and Visayas Ave QC to get my replacement parts for the 1st gen. I should probably ask for the 3rd gen engine support parts at my next visit.

In my unit, there is a noticeable creaking sound when you put the gear in drive.. like a rubber balloon stretching

7. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post

I know the noise of a bad support #4 at front left/driver side. The 1st time it went bad, I didn't replace it for almost a year.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    update on the mazda..

blaze vs extra unleaded fuel, the higher octane is better in terms of mileage and overall engine performance.. can maintain 10L/100km or even lower..

recently bought the vlinker obd reader and downloaded forscan.. its nice that the reader can see all the modules.. and was able to clear a stored code from the ABS, forgot what it was but i think its just a stored code for mis match wheel speed.. anyway, forscan cleared it and all is well..

btw, have your spark plug checked from time to time... I replaced my spark plugs at 20k kms even though the manufacturer suggests up to 100k kms..

surprised that my spark plug failed after 20k kms. a small piece of the ceramic coating cracked inside the combustion chamber.. good thing that it didn't cause any damage.. telling symptom is that there is hesitation during idle.. at first I thought it was normal as I have noted before that I find the skyactiv engine a little shaky compared with my kia picanto engine.. no other performance issues noticed except for the noticeable hesitation at idling..

i'm using the original mazda sparkplugs that thing is pricey! replaced them with champion 9410 sparkplug for mazda skyactiv.. much better than the original pricey spark plug..

now it idles smoother and accelerate better.. i can barely feel the engine idling not like before I got the car and with the orig spark plugs..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    update on the mazda..

blaze vs extra unleaded fuel, the higher octane is better in terms of mileage and overall engine performance.. can maintain 10L/100km or even lower..

recently bought the vlinker obd reader and downloaded forscan.. its nice that the reader can see all the modules.. and was able to clear a stored code from the ABS, forgot what it was but i think its just a stored code for mis match wheel speed.. anyway, forscan cleared it and all is well..

btw, have your spark plug checked from time to time... I replaced my spark plugs at 20k kms even though the manufacturer suggests up to 100k kms..

surprised that my spark plug failed after 20k kms. a small piece of the ceramic coating cracked inside the combustion chamber.. good thing that it didn't cause any damage.. telling symptom is that there is hesitation during idle.. at first I thought it was normal as I have noted before that I find the skyactiv engine a little shaky compared with my kia picanto engine.. no other performance issues noticed except for the noticeable hesitation at idling..

i'm using the original mazda sparkplugs that thing is pricey! replaced them with champion 9410 sparkplug for mazda skyactiv.. much better than the original pricey spark plug..

now it idles smoother and accelerate better.. i can barely feel the engine idling not like before I got the car and with the orig spark plugs..
    Oh I thought Mazda only recommends using lower octane fuel?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    Oh I thought Mazda only recommends using lower octane fuel?
    Mazda's high compression NA Skyactivs can run on regular petrol w/o pinging. You can always go higher octane, but expect no felt bump on HP/torque when on stock tune. On the SkyTurbo engine, running higher octane will have real felt benefits.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app