New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1196 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 109611461186119211931194119511961197119811991200 ... LastLast
Results 11,951 to 11,960 of 12058
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    No iStop ;)

Reviewers at that time agreed that the 1.5 felt more responsive than the 2.0.
    Exactly. Tried both prior & figured future tweaks would give what the 1.5 lacked. I was never gonna iStop, nor did I ever need the glass roofs from past vehicles w/, & dropped the 2.0.
    The 1.5 & OVT gave me the best of both worlds. Simple & fun.2014 Mazda 3

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Plus cheaper car registration for the 1.5! Hehe

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Exactly. Tried both prior & figured future tweaks would give what the 1.5 lacked. I was never gonna iStop, nor did I ever need the glass roofs from past vehicles w/, & dropped the 2.0.
    The 1.5 & OVT gave me the best of both worlds. Simple & fun.2014 Mazda 3

Are there any concrete data vs the 2.0L? Or just butt dyno?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Are there any concrete data vs the 2.0L? Or just butt dyno?
    OVTunes have evolved so much since they started Skyactivs some 8 or so years ago. From what's seen over foreign forums, customer commissioned dynos for the NA 2.0 see about +25whp/+30#ft average gains. The updated 1.5 tunes are so much better than their earlier dyno documented ones. Theirs are now the go-to tunes for Supercharged Skyactivs.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Update, installed new belts and replaced the leaking tensioner.. oh my.. that tensioner will really flex your muscles.. super tight space, tighter belt and tensioner squeezed the bejesus out of me.. the stretch belt is easier to install.. butterfingers be careful..

I opened up the rubber boot of the old tensioner.. its just a regular spring type tensioner with hydraulic damper.. there's a pool of oil inside.

Next project is lower arm bushing replacement

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Update, installed new belts and replaced the leaking tensioner.. oh my.. that tensioner will really flex your muscles.. super tight space, tighter belt and tensioner squeezed the bejesus out of me.. the stretch belt is easier to install.. butterfingers be careful..

I opened up the rubber boot of the old tensioner.. its just a regular spring type tensioner with hydraulic damper.. there's a pool of oil inside.

Next project is lower arm bushing replacement
    Are you going SuperPro bushes?2014 Mazda 3

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Are you going SuperPro bushes?2014 Mazda 3

Will go stock.. i already have mazda bushes here..

Also performed throttle body cleaning.. surprised that its not that dirty ha..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Will go stock.. i already have mazda bushes here..

Also performed throttle body cleaning.. surprised that its not that dirty ha..
    You can source genuine Mazda bushes separate from the arm assemblies now? Nice! PNs? Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Yup.. thunder auto in shopee is selling mazda bushes.. found that cx5 and 3 are using the same lower arm bush.. bought mine from shopee (indonesian seller) same with my tensioner..

Just need a machine shop to push out and in the big and small bushings.. i think even ball joints can be replaced as i can see some selling for 3 skyactiv.. confirmed with the seller.

Engine mounts for the cx5 and 3 are also the same.

Stabilizer links are also same..

I just dont know why these stab links have different part numbers for L and R side.. one side is more expensive than the other.. physically, just the same.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Yup.. thunder auto in shopee is selling mazda bushes.. found that cx5 and 3 are using the same lower arm bush.. bought mine from shopee (indonesian seller) same with my tensioner..

Just need a machine shop to push out and in the big and small bushings.. i think even ball joints can be replaced as i can see some selling for 3 skyactiv.. confirmed with the seller.

Engine mounts for the cx5 and 3 are also the same.

Stabilizer links are also same..

I just dont know why these stab links have different part numbers for L and R side.. one side is more expensive than the other.. physically, just the same.
    Been scouring PNs, in vain, for just the bushes alone. Jikiu had em, but opted SuperPro...still in my parts bin. The stock bushes have exceeded lifespan expectations, so w/ the endlinks...to think ours had been on 19s pretty much from the get go.
    Amazed at how you dug & good to know they're now available separate from the arms. Thanks for sharing, sir.2014 Mazda 3