New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1183 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 1083113311731179118011811182118311841185118611871193 ... LastLast
Results 11,821 to 11,830 of 12058
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    since i got the car, i'm hearing the infamous clunking noise on the strut.. per online search, there is a mazda TSB which requires installation of a mazda approved "spring protector"..

the noise is irritating especially when going over smooth humps or consecutive pot holes.. first, i suspect the strut bearings were shot so i bought 2 pcs brandnew!

so i decided to inspect the strut last weekend. per my assessment, its more of a design flaw.. the strut bearings were fine, i pry it open to clean and re grease.. the problem is that the strut bearings cannot locate the springs properly in the center resulting to minute side to side movement of the spring..

upon inspection, i can clearly see the movement marks on top of the spring against the strut bearing. btw, the strut bearing body is made out of polymer plastic.

bottomline, the "spring protector" does not protect the spring from making contact with the strut bearing, but its function is to more to maintain the spring in the center and avoid that side to side movement.

mazda should also redesign the strut bearing to properly locate the spring in the center!

a good rubber hose cut in the middle wrapped around the spring to fill in the gap solved the problem
    I think mine are shot as well. The suspension is quiet enough until it hits a hard edge. It gets worse when it hits successive small impacts like a rumble strip or rough pavement. I already had the protectors installed under warranty but that was around 5 years ago.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    I think mine are shot as well. The suspension is quiet enough until it hits a hard edge. It gets worse when it hits successive small impacts like a rumble strip or rough pavement. I already had the protectors installed under warranty but that was around 5 years ago.
    you might want to check your shock absorbers.. also check those so called spring protectors as they might have perished resulting to slight movement of the spring around the strut bearings. the housing of the strut bearing is made out of polymer plastic.. ive noticed that it can get bent on the weight of the car.

they should've designed the strut bearings housing with larger middle section or grooves to locate the spring... unfortunately, with their design, the spring can wobble around causing that clunking noise

the bearings inside need grease.. time / heat may cause them to dry up resulting to creaking noise

mine now is solid.. no more noise.. so glad I inspected that strut bearing!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Here....Attachment 40492

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Many thanks sir! 2014 Mazda 3

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    you might want to check your shock absorbers.. also check those so called spring protectors as they might have perished resulting to slight movement of the spring around the strut bearings. the housing of the strut bearing is made out of polymer plastic.. ive noticed that it can get bent on the weight of the car.

they should've designed the strut bearings housing with larger middle section or grooves to locate the spring... unfortunately, with their design, the spring can wobble around causing that clunking noise

the bearings inside need grease.. time / heat may cause them to dry up resulting to creaking noise

mine now is solid.. no more noise.. so glad I inspected that strut bearing!
    Finally had the front suspension checked today. Everything was fine except for the dead stab links and the spring insulators that melted away lol. Shock mounts were still fine and the insulators are on order. The noise is gone! So happy

5. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Any recommendation where i can have this checked, repaired/replaced outside the casa? Meron kasi tumatagas. Most likely gasket lang naman yata yung kelangan palitan. Also where to get the parts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 35ab487e-6f7d-49e0-9096-7b02ec1e02ba.jpg  

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location?

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location?

Alabang area po kmi.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardyharhar View Post
    Alabang area po kmi.
    Contact Mhonworks. Their contact info is on their FB page. Their shop is just behind Vista Mall Taguig.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Contact Mhonworks. Their contact info is on their FB page. Their shop is just behind Vista Mall Taguig.

Thanks, will check out Mhonworks. Would you recommend getting the parts from the casa? My car is a Mazda 3 2.0 2014 model. When i had my pms last November, madami sila gusto papalitan na such as belt tensioner, alternator belt, water pump belt, valve cover gasket, spark plugs. Need din to change brake and transmission fluid. All in all inabot estimate nila ng 140k including 30k in labor. Obviously I backed out dahil sobrang mahal lalo na nung labor.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardyharhar View Post
    Thanks, will check out Mhonworks. Would you recommend getting the parts from the casa? My car is a Mazda 3 2.0 2014 model. When i had my pms last November, madami sila gusto papalitan na such as belt tensioner, alternator belt, water pump belt, valve cover gasket, spark plugs. Need din to change brake and transmission fluid. All in all inabot estimate nila ng 140k including 30k in labor. Obviously I backed out dahil sobrang mahal lalo na nung labor.
    Mhon used to work in a Mazda then Toyota casa. In fact he worked on my 3 while it was still under Yojin3. He uses OEM parts as much as possible and it might be a bit cheaper if you get it directly from him. During my last PMS he used OEM filters and 555 stab links. He will show you the sealed packages before they install the parts.

You can let him know of casa's recommendation so before you go he'll have the parts ready.