New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1182 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 1082113211721178117911801181118211831184118511861192 ... LastLast
Results 11,811 to 11,820 of 12058
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    my stock dunlop sportmaxx tires developed severe side wall cracks.. made in japan.. first time to experience this as most of my tires from other brands last up to 10 years with no issues..

surprisingly, all four tires developed the same problem even though the tires are still thick and no repairs done since it got out from mazda showroom.. replaced them with yokohama fleva v701, proudly philippine made!

got them for 5,332.60 pesos each.. compared to kumho * 6.3k each

cheapest tires i found are from westlake brand.. around 3.5k each.. but i opted for the yokohamas as i dont like chinese brands..

next project is to install rubber protection on the coil springs.. i'm hearing clunking noise on the suspension when going over humps in our village.. will also check the strut bearing as i've read online that they can cause the noise too.
    I had Kumho Ecstas and Yokohama V701, Kumhos were much better when it comes to grip and road noise. But if di mo naman pangta-track, ok na rin even the V701, better tire wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I had Kumho Ecstas and Yokohama V701, Kumhos were much better when it comes to grip and road noise. But if di mo naman pangta-track, ok na rin even the V701, better tire wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    minerva tires offered kumho ps31 (ecsta).. my korean brand cars have stock kumho before and all experienced dry rot issue.. this is my first time to try yokohama! and also to help the economy since its Philippine made! hehe

car is daily use, no plans to go on track naman..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    my stock dunlop sportmaxx tires developed severe side wall cracks.. made in japan.. first time to experience this as most of my tires from other brands last up to 10 years with no issues..

surprisingly, all four tires developed the same problem even though the tires are still thick and no repairs done since it got out from mazda showroom.. replaced them with yokohama fleva v701, proudly philippine made!

cheapest tires i found are from westlake brand.. around 3.5k each.. but i opted for the yokohamas as i dont like chinese brands..

next project is to install rubber protection on the coil springs.. i'm hearing clunking noise on the suspension when going over humps in our village.. will also check the strut bearing as i've read online that they can cause the noise too.
    Got the same tires. 225/45R18 good grip on twisty roads. Noise is minimal. 300 treadwear. Good value. Overall good for daily use. Have yet to try the grip on rainy days.

Note:
    Coming from stock 205/60R16 Toyo Nanoenergy R38

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    My 2nd hand 17s came with RE003s. They're noisier and stiffer than the stock 16 Toyos. The grip is addictive tho. I don't track my car but there are curves I take at speeds where my neck gives out before the Potenzas. With the Toyos it was tire squeal and understeer galore.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017

How old were those stock dunlop sportmaxx tires?

My M3 comes with the same tire brand. Date manufactured Aug 2014. Bought the M3 last 2017 Dec. So far no signs of side wall cracks (inside/outside walls). Odometer reading 25T km only.

The pandemic might have extended the tire lifespan a bit. For almost 2 years I drove the M3 for less than 2T km only.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    What's the correct torque wrench setting for tightening the wheel lug nuts? 100lb-ft?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    What's the correct torque wrench setting for tightening the wheel lug nuts? 100lb-ft?
    M12: 65 lb. Ft / 88 Nm, but Mazda states: Lug nut tightening torque
    When installing a tire, tighten the lug nut to the following torque.
    108―147 N·m (12―14 kgf·m, 80―108 ft·lbf)

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Here....screenshot_20220121-182321_chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    How old were those stock dunlop sportmaxx tires?

My M3 comes with the same tire brand. Date manufactured Aug 2014. Bought the M3 last 2017 Dec. So far no signs of side wall cracks (inside/outside walls). Odometer reading 25T km only.

The pandemic might have extended the tire lifespan a bit. For almost 2 years I drove the M3 for less than 2T km only.
    2016 model, tires are all stock and upon inspection, no history of repair.. odo is around 12k kms after 4 years.. 2 years of my ownership, odo now is 37k kms..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    since i got the car, i'm hearing the infamous clunking noise on the strut.. per online search, there is a mazda TSB which requires installation of a mazda approved "spring protector"..

the noise is irritating especially when going over smooth humps or consecutive pot holes.. first, i suspect the strut bearings were shot so i bought 2 pcs brandnew!

so i decided to inspect the strut last weekend. per my assessment, its more of a design flaw.. the strut bearings were fine, i pry it open to clean and re grease.. the problem is that the strut bearings cannot locate the springs properly in the center resulting to minute side to side movement of the spring..

upon inspection, i can clearly see the movement marks on top of the spring against the strut bearing. btw, the strut bearing body is made out of polymer plastic.

bottomline, the "spring protector" does not protect the spring from making contact with the strut bearing, but its function is to more to maintain the spring in the center and avoid that side to side movement.

mazda should also redesign the strut bearing to properly locate the spring in the center!

a good rubber hose cut in the middle wrapped around the spring to fill in the gap solved the problem