New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1139 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 10391089112911351136113711381139114011411142114311491189 ... LastLast
Results 11,381 to 11,390 of 12058
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chiezee View Post
    2 months ko hindi ginamit yung auto ko and kanina while driving parang nahihinaan na ako sa Audio at volume 18. Hindi ko lam kung nanibago lang ako dahil ngayon ko lang ulit ginamit but when i checked the audio settings , Bass and Trebles is at 0. Ano ba ang mga recommended settings nyo mga sir?
    Adjust them to max setting and adjust to what suit your ears.. i like the bass at 5 and treble at 6.. also check the ALC setting.. its the automatic sound level adjustment depending on cabin noise.. maybe you need to turn that off

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    I think mazda should redesign the tensioner to spring type..
    Or back to manual adjust. Did this to another make w/ a very weak spring+damper tensioner. 1 less item to worry about.2014 Mazda 3
    Here's why dampers are added to automatic spring tensioners for long serpentine belts....
    Why A Damper is Needed on a Spring Tensioner on a Serpentine Belt (supercharger) - YouTube

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Set this off inside the cabin this morning. It now smells like powdery disinfectant. We'll see if the wife agrees with it when she does the shuttle route tomorrow. She does have a handy can of Lysol in one of rhe cupholders so I think it will be fine.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Set this off inside the cabin this morning. It now smells like powdery disinfectant. We'll see if the wife agrees with it when she does the shuttle route tomorrow. She does have a handy can of Lysol in one of rhe cupholders so I think it will be fine.

So, are you happy w/ the scent, br. John?2014 Mazda 3

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Or back to manual adjust. Did this to another make w/ a very weak spring+damper tensioner. 1 less item to worry about.2014 Mazda 3
    Here's why dampers are added to automatic spring tensioners for long serpentine belts....
    Why A Damper is Needed on a Spring Tensioner on a Serpentine Belt (supercharger) - YouTube
    The position of the tensioner is bad.. on the long side of the belt will really cause vibration thus a need for damper.. but for the engine with tight turns on the belt path a spring loaded tensioner will be good..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    So, are you happy w/ the scent, br. John?2014 Mazda 3

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Well it smells clean and disinfected so I'm all right with it. I just hope it doesn't turn sour when parked under the sun tomorrow.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post

Why did you use that sir? Having foul odor on cabin?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    The position of the tensioner is bad.. on the long side of the belt will really cause vibration thus a need for damper.. but for the engine with tight turns on the belt path a spring loaded tensioner will be good..
    Mazda could've opted for both belts to be StretchFit instead of just the AC drive & free the Skyactivs of that tensioner assembly. Instead, they not only opted for a spring tensioner, but 1 w/ a damper to further bring down drive vibrations....something very common in premiums, even Toyotas.
    Spring tensioners, like the dampered ones, are wear items, too. Both will loose tension over time. The former just won't show....won't leak. Personally, I wished they went Stretch belts...save them & us 1 part's cost & maintenance....like Subaru & Ford.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Why did you use that sir? Having foul odor on cabin?
    My wife picks up and drops off some of her staff. It's additional peace of mind for her.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I was able to have my hands on a 14mm deep socket and pull out the sparkplugs to check. Still good after over 4 years though low mileage.

I was expecting an NGK but it's Denso for Mazda: ZC20HPR11 PE5S-18-110 - one pic beside a 16mm NGK BKR5E-11 I use for the other car.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk