New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by genesischain View Post
    Maaannn, very arrogant pricing if you ask me. They're still banking on the popularity of the previous Mz3?
    puro nasa 1M range na mga compacts ah... mukhang mas lalaki na ang market share ng mga subcompacts dahil prohibitive na sa karamihan ang ganitong price para sa compact (kasama na ko dun )

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Yuck 4 speed a/t? For the price of the 2.0 liter, mag sonata ka na. What gives mazda phils?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    yung 2.0li daw ay SkyActiv-G na, so SkyActiv Drive na 6speed din....pero kung may istop na kasama 'yan puede patulan. pero kung wala over-priced pa din... problema kasi sobra taas ng JPY ngayon. niyayari sila ngayon sa tingin ko ng CHN/KOR/US para pataasin currency nila. so apektado presyo ng export.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    The thing with SkyActiv is that its new tech, and Mazda ph will most likely rob you everytime for the aftersales/PMS, added to the sky high acquisition cost. Matipid nga sa gas, kakatayin ka naman sa bloated PMS pricing. This also applies to other (fuel)efficiency rackets in general.

Anyway, hindi pa SkyActiv ang makina nito, so pano pa kaya pag upgraded na? Good point though na mahal talaga pag CBU japan mainly because of their financial situation there.

Quote Originally Posted by cyplanr View Post
    puro nasa 1M range na mga compacts ah... mukhang mas lalaki na ang market share ng mga subcompacts dahil prohibitive na sa karamihan ang ganitong price para sa compact (kasama na ko dun )
    Yup I agree nasa range narin ng 1M pero usually TOtL variants yun, and this doesn't deserve its pricing with its 1.6L old engine with an outdated slushbox.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Just test drove the Mz3 at BGC. The 2.0 keeps the old engine, but gets a new 5-speed slushbox. Very responsive and there's lots of grunt throughout the rev range. Smart tranny too, shifts happily at low revs, but a good prod on the throttle and it'll shift down without hesitation. I'm guessing this will be more fuel-efficient than the previous 2.0+4AT combo.

Paddle shifters are pretty weird though. Both paddles, left and right, upshift when pressed. Then there's a button on each side of the tiller to downshift. I giess it's for one-han shifting. But since I come from a car with a conventional paddle shifter set, it was all weird to me.

Space at the back sucks. Subcompacts such as the Vios and Accent have way more space. The Elantra has almost double the legroom. Trunk space is long, but shallow.

As expected, handling is superb and the steering wheel is very communicative. Brakes aren't like on the FD that bite so hard right away, instead it's more modulated, which I kinda like more.

Pricing is bad though. I asked the agent if they planned to have them from Thailand, but they said that Mazda Phil will continue to get CBU Japan units for the foreseeable future.

I've always loved the Mz3, but at 1.3M, it's just too pricey.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Mahal ng 1.6 Liter variants nya..Medyo okay lang ang presyo ng 2 Liter Sedan..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Make no mistake, I love the Mazda 3. Being my car of choice over most of its competitors due to just one thing it got damn right: steering. But the pricing is, as EQaddict stated, a highway robbery. I'd rather get a Mitsu GTA, send it over to Speedlabs for some aftermarket mods, and STILL have extra cash.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    No wonder HARI posted 66% growth YTD from last year for the PC segment (Hyundai Philippines Local News). That's 3000 units more this year

multiply that by P700k per unit on average, that's P2.1 billion more sales YTD this year or P4 billion full year if the trend continues

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    Happen to follow a sedan the other night, the rear of the sedan looks like a genesis coupe, nice! But with that pricing, just a little bump up in the budget and you could get a base genesis coupe! hahaha However, if the TOTL price was for a mazda speed 3 ....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12