New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoots View Post
    i just wish mazda philippines releases a trimmed down version of the CX-7 to compete with the low-end compact SUVs like the Honda CR-V, Hyundai Tucson and Suby Forester. Once Hyundai launches the Tucson ix30, a significant chunk of the market will be owned by Hyundai. I believe Hyundai is already accepting orders for the 2.0 gas version which sells below 1M (~990k).
    Wait for the Mazda CX-5 which is still under development. This might Mazda's answer to Honda's CRV and Hyuindai's Tucson IX, I hope

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Mazda CX-7 is really Hot!

Since it debuted last November, Mazda Philippines has delivered 153 CX7 units to very eager customers. At a constant 200, its order backlog reads like a list longer than the Senatorial bets line up. Waiting for a CX7 unit means having to consider May or June as the month you’re likely to drive one home as the next shipment which arrives in April will be devoted to those who placed their orders last December. Mazda Philippines has addressed this problem by ordering a slew of new CX7s from its mother company in Japan – doubling its initial forecast, in fact. As the CX7 has been a hot commodity globally, Mazda Japan is reportedly doing all it can to meet the demand of all markets, including the Philippines, and Mazda Philippines remains optimistic that the mother company will be able to meet local demand.

Source: Phil. Star March 31, 2010

Why not make the under-utilized Ford Mazda Laguna plant as a regional assembly plant for CX-7.?

This will help increase production of CX-7 in the AFTA region(Asean, Korea, China, India, Japan,Australia, and New Zealand) More jobs for pinoys!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    They would require training in order to use the plant here. 6 months at least.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
2010 Mazda CX7