New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Zoom-Zoom Evolution continues with 2010 Mazda6

New Mazda6 Raises Bar in Sporty Styling and Refined Handling

Mazda continued the Zoom-Zoom evolution with the introduction of the updated Mazda6 at the Manila International Auto Show. The new Mazda6 features a refreshed interior and exterior as well as a re-tuned engine and suspension system.

Mazda incorporated the new family face into the exterior design, blending it with the pre-facelift Mazda6's acclaimed, striking frontal appearance. Mazda adopted classier designs for the headlamps and rear combination lamps. Chrome-plated, corrosion resistance parts have a refined look and feel, and lustrous piano-black details. In the cockpit, higher-legibility meters and easier-to-use steering-wheel switches make driving more precise and relaxing.

“The Mazda6 exudes all the sportiness expected of a Mazda model coupled with an even stronger premium identity," said Steven Tan, Vice-president for Sales and Marketing, Mazda Philippines. “It truly is a Zoom Zoom car and no better choice for customers who value individuality and style. We are truly excited to welcome the New Mazda6 to our expanding Mazda lineup this year," Tan added.

Key elements of the new front view are strong lines that flow from the front grille to the A-pillars, a centrally positioned five-point lower grille with a deeply contoured look, and forms that extend horizontally along the foglamp bezels from the bottom of the lower grille. Also, the lines that flow from the lower grille to the fenders each incorporate a subtle highlight along the bottom edge of the foglamp bezel. The highlights combine simplicity with beauty. The styling improvements are not merely aesthetic but are also functional as they have further improved the aerodynamics of the car.

The Mazda6 R grade has a new headlamp design that accommodates a newly swivel-capable Adaptive Front lighting System. The foglamps have also been changed to a round type accented with new bezels. With the R grade, the bezels have an all-over silver coating for heightened refinement.

The newly designed 18-inch aluminum wheels not only have bold, strong-looking spokes that communicate dynamism and high performance reflecting the Mazda "Nagare" design language. They are also 0.16kg lighter than the 17-inch wheels of its predecessor.

The interior design also receives an overhaul with piano black and chrome highlights for a more premium feel. With the interior design, Mazda's main goal was to heighten quality for a more refined premium-car look and feel.

In-cabin entertainment is provided by an 8-speaker Bose Audio System that comes with a 6-Disc In-Dash CD, MP3, WMA Tuner, and Audio Jack. For the highest level of comfort and convenience, the Mazda6 comes with Dual Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control as well front and rear sensors.

The 2.5-liter MZR S-VT (sequential-valve timing) engine base has been retained with some minor updates to increase power output to 172ps and torque to 228Nm. The Euro 4 compliant engine is mated to a five-speed Activematic transmission.

World-Class safety is exemplified by a five-star overall rating (the highest available) under the system adopted by the European New Car Assessment Program in 2009. A new addition is Mazda's Adaptive Front lighting System is enhanced with headlamps’ swiveling ability for better nighttime visibility.

The new Mazda6 is available in Clear Water Blue Metallic, Sunlight Silver Metallic, Black Mica, and Crystal White Pearl Mica and retails for PhP1,680,000

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    bili na ser Saipeme.

pero very nice upgrades talaga....

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I like this 6 ! And so does my dad !

I've seen one up-close in MIAS last april 17. And it's reaaally stunning and an eye-catcher.

Hmmm ... sir saipeme, is it time to give up your GC reservation and opt for the MZ6 instead ?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    I like this 6 ! And so does my dad !

I've seen one up-close in MIAS last april 17. And it's reaaally stunning and an eye-catcher.

Hmmm ... sir saipeme, is it time to give up your GC reservation and opt for the MZ6 instead ?
    will wait till end of may...if the gc won't come its time to zoom zoom...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    talaga ba 95 octane gas lang ang pwede sa mazda 6...there are 2 gas station lang ang meron 95 octane dito sa lugar ko kailangan pang sadyain and hassle going there because of traffic.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by saipeme View Post
    talaga ba 95 octane gas lang ang pwede sa mazda 6...there are 2 gas station lang ang meron 95 octane dito sa lugar ko kailangan pang sadyain and hassle going there because of traffic.
    Sir O.T tong sakin pero ung sakin not mazda 6 pero 95 octane din kailangan ung unang owner na sabi sakin unleaded 93 octane lang gamit wala naman effect i think sa hatak lang ng kotse?pero now gamit ko na Petron XCS na minsan ung Caltex Silver pero walang pinagkaiba or nasira.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    napapa isip lang ako pareho sila ng makina ng cx7 slightly re tuned lang ang mazda 6 bakit sa cx7 93 octane lang ang recommended...

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    may naka mazda 6 2010 na ba dito?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    my old 6 require 95 ron din. i try to get 95 pero i get 93 if im feeling cheap. there is a little power loss nga lang. yes its noticeable for me.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    sabe ng s.a. na naka usap ko pwede na daw ang unleaded even the e10..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2010 Mazda 6