New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinter73 View Post
    we just came back saturday, okay na daan going to baler via pantabangan dam with very few and minor unpaved roads mostly near a bridge. we left 10am arived manila 4pm, with 1 hour lunch break... if i am to gauge the ride in terms of percentage, the road nueva ecija to aurora is about 97% complete except for the pantabangan dam. i don't know if it's repairable because it is the top of the dam itself. otherwise road racing is even possible, i did it with a few willing drivers hahaha, joke!

saw small cars in baler and along the way like getz, jazz, city & vios. ours was an urvan and suv. hth
    ang bilis ng byahe! mukhang racing mode nga ito...this is great info. thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    we just came back last tuesday from baler. i used the pantabangan route as suggested by most. i took the sta. rita. exit route going there last sunday. leaving las pinas at 5:30am, we reached baler at 12:30 noon with about 1.5 hours break at Mcdo in Cabanatuan and the Balete Park in Ma. Aurora.
    going back from baler, i took the Sta. rosa-tarlac road to SCTEX. left baler at 1pm, we reached las pinas at 9pm with a 1 hour detour to pantabangan dam and another 1 hour and 15 minutes dinner break at NLEX.
    we counted 12 unpaved portions mostly ranging from 10 meters to 250 meters. the longest unpaved part was on top of the canili and diayo dams which was about 1.5-2 kms. overall, these 12 unpaved portions of the whole stretch from the talavera highway junction to baler was 4 kms. at most, i think.
    the biggest problem for sedans is the canili-diayo dams part because of the big humps laid on the mostly one-way lane. we saw a honda jazz that had to unload its passengers to 'survive' this part.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    May alam ba kayong dashcam video ng daan papuntang Baler? At OK pa kaya pumunta do'n this weekend.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarsi View Post
    Any update on this route?

I might bring some guest there next month, either dingalan or baler.
    It is better to choose dingalan, aurora, kung aware ka sa rough road, take via fort Magsaysay, traffic is not much, kaya lang may portion na mataas ang akyatin doon, but the roads is yours. then in laur, turn right, diretso na yon up to dingalan.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jrln View Post
    we just came back last tuesday from baler. i used the pantabangan route as suggested by most. i took the sta. rita. exit route going there last sunday. leaving las pinas at 5:30am, we reached baler at 12:30 noon with about 1.5 hours break at Mcdo in Cabanatuan and the Balete Park in Ma. Aurora.
    going back from baler, i took the Sta. rosa-tarlac road to SCTEX. left baler at 1pm, we reached las pinas at 9pm with a 1 hour detour to pantabangan dam and another 1 hour and 15 minutes dinner break at NLEX.
    we counted 12 unpaved portions mostly ranging from 10 meters to 250 meters. the longest unpaved part was on top of the canili and diayo dams which was about 1.5-2 kms. overall, these 12 unpaved portions of the whole stretch from the talavera highway junction to baler was 4 kms. at most, i think.
    the biggest problem for sedans is the canili-diayo dams part because of the big humps laid on the mostly one-way lane. we saw a honda jazz that had to unload its passengers to 'survive' this part.
    We went to Dipacualo Aurora last December 22 to 26, 2013 used the pantabangan-baler route. Im driving our 2008 Picanto riding on 15 inch but very low 45 series tires with 3 adults and two heavy bags. Absolutely no problem at all. No need to offload any passenger at the humps on the canili dam. I thing some drivers are just intimidated with the size of the humps. A car behind me a 3 series bmw made one of its passengers walk beside the car while the driver tried to traverse the humps sideways and ended up hitting the concrete blocks lining the dam. I found it somewhat ridiculous, considering that im in front of them and im only in a picanto, isnt that enough of a que. So my advice for other motorists who like me was apprehensive of bringing a car to aurora, just take the humps straight on but very very carefuly just inch your car along. my observation is that the first and last humps are the biggest while the others are just above the average height. I hope this helps.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    4 hours from Baler is as secluded beach called Casapsapan in Casiguran, Aurora. Kumusta na kaya ang road conditions doon? Really wanted to return to that secluded white beach cove. I may say that it is not yet commercialized and developed like Pagudpud in Ilocos and Calaguas in Cam Norte. We were there 4 years ago in an Altis, Avanza, and Fort taking the San Jose-Pantabangan route. Took us 12 hours from Casiguran to Sta. Rosa City.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jrln View Post
    I'd just like to echo this post as we went to baler a few weeks ago. There are some portions of dirt road (gravel surface) in the pantabangan route as well as the one way portions on the top of the dam with the pretty tall humps. I drove a van going there but I really believe it is doable with a sedan that is not lowered and not heavily loaded. I would not hesitate to return to baler using my personal sedan given the current road conditions.

There are also some parts of the zigzag that are pretty steep but is very manageable. If it can be done on a fully loaded 90-something horsepower van then any car can do it as well Hope this helps those that are deciding whether or not to take their cars to baler.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    We were there last week for work-related stuff. We took the Pantabangan route; also noticed most PUVs take this route.
    From Manila:
    NLEX
    SCTEX (take La Paz exit) right turn to La Paz
    La Paz
    Zaragoza
    left to Aliaga NE (Carmen-Cabanatuan Road)
    right towards Vergara Highway
    left at Vergara Highway towards Talavera
    right towards Rizal then Pantabangan NE
    one will pass thru a N Vizcaya town Alfonso Castañeda, then the Canili-Diao Dams
    from there it's Maria Aurora town then make a left towards Baler

HTH

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hi Guys,

My family will be going to Baler this Mar 20 - 22 for relaxation.

We'll be bringing an '07 Santa Fe that already clocks 94000kms. Not to brag pero para sabihin niyo kung kakayanin pa ng sasakyan yong byahe.

I have already read that via Pantabangan is the usual suggestion and will take that route.

Any advice on safety:

- di be delikado dumaan ng gabi sa mga dadaanan especially pag lagpas na ng Tarlac and papasok na sa Cabanatuan or leaving Baler in the evening if going back to Manila. Alam niyo na - mga nanghaharang sa daan, etc.

- Dangerous roads like zigzag or deep ravine beside the highway

Also, what are the attractions in Baler na malapit sa Bayler Hotel.

This is my first time to drive to Baler pero I have already driven naman to Claveria in Cagayan and Tacloban. Leyte and Baguio.

Thanks in advance.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nels76 View Post
    Hi Guys,

My family will be going to Baler this Mar 20 - 22 for relaxation.

We'll be bringing an '07 Santa Fe that already clocks 94000kms. Not to brag pero para sabihin niyo kung kakayanin pa ng sasakyan yong byahe.

I have already read that via Pantabangan is the usual suggestion and will take that route.

Any advice on safety:

- di be delikado dumaan ng gabi sa mga dadaanan especially pag lagpas na ng Tarlac and papasok na sa Cabanatuan or leaving Baler in the evening if going back to Manila. Alam niyo na - mga nanghaharang sa daan, etc.

- Dangerous roads like zigzag or deep ravine beside the highway

Also, what are the attractions in Baler na malapit sa Bayler Hotel.

This is my first time to drive to Baler pero I have already driven naman to Claveria in Cagayan and Tacloban. Leyte and Baguio.

Thanks in advance.
    been there with wifey and youngest daughter last early january using my 2005 innova from La Union with no problem. it follows that your sta fe would be having a breeze ride to Baler as well. even our civic managed to get there with ease, was driven by my other daughter at first time nya ang mag drive ng malayo from Hundred islands to Baler.
    just be wary on the blind curve segment as some bigger vehicles tends to encroach your lane. on our return trip, my son-in-law's cousin has taken the wheel because i'm a bit tired (balikan kasi kami) and taking double as our guard in the dark roads. sabi niya wala naman daw loko sa daan. marami kaming pinuntahan noon na mga tourist spots pero mas maganda na magtanong ka na lang sa mga locals.
    if you have no problem navigating the twists and turns of going up to Baguio, then this is just a walk in the park for you driving to Baler.
    drive safe po and enjoy bro!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Waypoints going to Baler Quezon from Manila