New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Kaya yan ng urvan. Hirap long talaga ang mga sedan.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew_28 View Post
    Kung urvan kaya naman po ba?
    kaya yan, ingat lang sa mga unpaved road, may road kaming nadaanan na "hukay" na yung part ng gulong ng road kaya may umbok sa gitna kaya sumayad yung ilalaim ng car, so watch out for that medyo wag mo itapat ang gulong sa hukay na part.

oh, and another lesson we learned from the trip, bago ka makarating sa cabanatuan, or at least sa cabanatuan eh nakagpwithdraw ka na sa ATM. kasi from there isa lang ang ATM papunta sa baler, DBP bank at nauubusan daw ng pera to lalo na kung sweldo.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    hmmm, i was advised by a resort in baler to take the pantabangan-canili road instead of the bongabon-san luis route. would anyone here have an experience on the latter way? i'm going there after the holy week and planning to take a starex because of the space and convenience of a van. now, i'm having second thoughts about it and thinking of taking a sorento instead which i find a bit cramped for a long drive with my family.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jrln View Post
    hmmm, i was advised by a resort in baler to take the pantabangan-canili road instead of the bongabon-san luis route. would anyone here have an experience on the latter way? i'm going there after the holy week and planning to take a starex because of the space and convenience of a van. now, i'm having second thoughts about it and thinking of taking a sorento instead which i find a bit cramped for a long drive with my family.
    you go as advised and take the pantabangan route. we went to Baler last December with a montero gtv and super grandia taking pantabangan route, so far no hassle along the route except some few and short unpaved part of the road. i don't have experience with bongabon-san luis route, i think its not yet open for traffic.

by the way it's Baler Aurora and not Quezon. its the province of Aurora and the capital is Baler.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    thanks a lot, monty_gtv!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post

To go to Baler, we used this route from Manila:

NLEX
    SCTEX (exit at Tarlac City)
    La Paz
    Zaragosa
    Santa Rosa-Tarlac Road to Santa Rosa
    Cabanatuan City
    Palayan City
    Bongabon
    Nueva Ecija-Auroara road to Baler

I suggest traveling in daylight only as the roads can be tricky and there are reports of mudslides in heavy rain. We left Manila at 9 am and arrived at Baler around 2 pm despite traffic in some towns caused by processions and the like.
    To go to Baler, we used this route from Manila:

NLEX
    SCTEX (exit at Tarlac City)
    La Paz
    Zaragosa
    Santa Rosa-Tarlac Road to Santa Rosa (or you can go straight taking Sta Rosa- Ft Magsaysay Rd instead of turning left at Sta Rosa intersection bypassing Cabanatuan City Traffic)
    Palayan City
    Bongabon
    Nueva Ecija-Auroara road to Baler

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    mrq5, what is the road condition of that route?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew_28 View Post
    Kung urvan kaya naman po ba?
    we just came back saturday, okay na daan going to baler via pantabangan dam with very few and minor unpaved roads mostly near a bridge. we left 10am arived manila 4pm, with 1 hour lunch break... if i am to gauge the ride in terms of percentage, the road nueva ecija to aurora is about 97% complete except for the pantabangan dam. i don't know if it's repairable because it is the top of the dam itself. otherwise road racing is even possible, i did it with a few willing drivers hahaha, joke!

saw small cars in baler and along the way like getz, jazz, city & vios. ours was an urvan and suv. hth
    Last edited by sprinter73; April 1st, 2013 at 04:34 PM. Reason: add a few more information

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinter73 View Post
    we just came back saturday, okay na daan going to baler via pantabangan dam with very few and minor unpaved roads mostly near a bridge. we left 10am arived manila 4pm, with 1 hour lunch break... if i am to gauge the ride in terms of percentage, the road nueva ecija to aurora is about 97% complete except for the pantabangan dam. i don't know if it's repairable because it is the top of the dam itself. otherwise road racing is even possible, i did it with a few willing drivers hahaha, joke!

saw small cars in baler and along the way like getz, jazz, city & vios. ours was an urvan and suv. hth
    Great & thanks for sharing the info bro. How about what's the new & interesting in Baler ?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    If you're driving a sedan, take the longer but safer route via Pantabangan. Although I went there via Joy Bus, madami akong nakitang mga sedans with NCR plates last Holy Week.

By the way, Baler was once part of province of Tayabas, birthplace of the late president Manuel Quezon. Tayabas province was renamed to Quezon province so I don't blame people who refers Baler as part of Quezon province. This is true until the late president Ferdinand Marcos declared Aurora as a separate province thus it is now Baler, Aurora province.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Waypoints going to Baler Quezon from Manila