New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mga tol.... help me naman.... Saan ang magandang daan ang papuntang Baler Quezon? yung di naman gaanong akyatin at zigzag?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Sir,puro akyat, zigzag at rough road ang papuntang baler.dalawa lang ang pagpipilian.from cabanatuan city via pantabangan,or cabanatuan city via bongabon nueva ecija.kung small sedan ang gagamitin nyo,mejo mahihirapan.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Baler is actually in Aurora, right? We went there during Holy Week this year.

There are two routes: upon reaching Bongabon, you have the option of using the Nueva Ecija-Aurora road or the Pantabangan-Canili Road. The first one is newer and is easier to drive through, though you will get to an area nearing Baler where you need to pass through rough and rocky road and an irrigation area (I don't really know what this is called) with squarish humps (designed to slow down trucks involved in illegal logging, I was told). A sedan can easily take most of the route, except for the irrigation area where you have a big chance of scraping your car's bottom on the humps.

The second road is longer and would be a couple of up and down some mountain roads, unpaved and very rough. There would be areas where the bridges are rickety: either a super narrow and rusting steel bridge, or a bridge made of a huge tree trunk with lots of 2x4s hammered to it with the bridge barely wider than a truck.. and without side railings, hehehe. Make sure you have a lot of fuel on this route as there will be no gasoline stations in sight until you reach the town proper at the very end of this road. There are huts that sell bottled fuel, but they only have regular gasoline, no unleaded. I noticed this route being used by vans for rent, but otherwise, the roads are empty... and could be quite eerie late in the afternoon... the rough, rocky road seemed endless, trees and cliffs, animal sounds... and for long stretches only your vehicle is on the road *lol*

On our trip, we used the first road to get to Baler and the second route to get back to Manila.

To go to Baler, we used this route from Manila:

NLEX
    SCTEX (exit at Tarlac City)
    La Paz
    Zaragosa
    Santa Rosa-Tarlac Road to Santa Rosa
    Cabanatuan City
    Palayan City
    Bongabon
    Nueva Ecija-Auroara road to Baler

I suggest traveling in daylight only as the roads can be tricky and there are reports of mudslides in heavy rain. We left Manila at 9 am and arrived at Baler around 2 pm despite traffic in some towns caused by processions and the like.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks a lot.... guys for the info.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    Baler is actually in Aurora, right? We went there during Holy Week this year.

There are two routes: upon reaching Bongabon, you have the option of using the Nueva Ecija-Aurora road or the Pantabangan-Canili Road. The first one is newer and is easier to drive through, though you will get to an area nearing Baler where you need to pass through rough and rocky road and an irrigation area (I don't really know what this is called) with squarish humps (designed to slow down trucks involved in illegal logging, I was told). A sedan can easily take most of the route, except for the irrigation area where you have a big chance of scraping your car's bottom on the humps.

The second road is longer and would be a couple of up and down some mountain roads, unpaved and very rough. There would be areas where the bridges are rickety: either a super narrow and rusting steel bridge, or a bridge made of a huge tree trunk with lots of 2x4s hammered to it with the bridge barely wider than a truck.. and without side railings, hehehe. Make sure you have a lot of fuel on this route as there will be no gasoline stations in sight until you reach the town proper at the very end of this road. There are huts that sell bottled fuel, but they only have regular gasoline, no unleaded. I noticed this route being used by vans for rent, but otherwise, the roads are empty... and could be quite eerie late in the afternoon... the rough, rocky road seemed endless, trees and cliffs, animal sounds... and for long stretches only your vehicle is on the road *lol*

On our trip, we used the first road to get to Baler and the second route to get back to Manila.

To go to Baler, we used this route from Manila:

NLEX
    SCTEX (exit at Tarlac City)
    La Paz
    Zaragosa
    Santa Rosa-Tarlac Road to Santa Rosa
    Cabanatuan City
    Palayan City
    Bongabon
    Nueva Ecija-Auroara road to Baler

I suggest traveling in daylight only as the roads can be tricky and there are reports of mudslides in heavy rain. We left Manila at 9 am and arrived at Baler around 2 pm despite traffic in some towns caused by processions and the like.
    thanks for the information. would you know if the rough road part is still there?and how long it is? i was reading an article and i thought the "angara road project" already fixed this problem.. i was thinking to bring my 1mo old sedan car to baler this wednesday.but after reading your post,nagdadalawang isip na ako. thanks!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jsfjr View Post
    thanks for the information. would you know if the rough road part is still there?and how long it is? i was reading an article and i thought the "angara road project" already fixed this problem.. i was thinking to bring my 1mo old sedan car to baler this wednesday.but after reading your post,nagdadalawang isip na ako. thanks!
    Di na rin ako natuloy sa plano kong pumunta ng baler... Pero try ko sa summer na lang. Let me know kung natuloy ka at pls update naman. Thanks

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rensom View Post
    Di na rin ako natuloy sa plano kong pumunta ng baler... Pero try ko sa summer na lang. Let me know kung natuloy ka at pls update naman. Thanks
    Hindi na rin ako tumuloy e.. kasi bumagyo sa Aurora just went to zambales para magsurf,balitaan kita next time pag tumuloy ako next month

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Any update on this route?

I might bring some guest there next month, either dingalan or baler.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Im currently at baler, pumunta kami kahapon, pantabangan route, yung honda city 2009 daming sayad, sa mga road repairs sa sierra madre, at dami naming sayad sa pantabangan dam dahil sa mga humps.

We are about to go back to manila today, and im scouring the Internet for a possible alternate route, mukhang wala.

Stressed out kami yesterday, me and my wife lang ang driver. Malapit na kami umuwi mamaya at umuulan pa ngayon, which will make our trip back home more stressful. Learned my lesson, never to go back here again unless in an SUV or pickup.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Im currently at baler, pumunta kami kahapon, pantabangan route, yung honda city 2009 daming sayad, sa mga road repairs sa sierra madre, at dami naming sayad sa pantabangan dam dahil sa mga humps.

We are about to go back to manila today, and im scouring the Internet for a possible alternate route, mukhang wala.

Stressed out kami yesterday, me and my wife lang ang driver. Malapit na kami umuwi mamaya at umuulan pa ngayon, which will make our trip back home more stressful. Learned my lesson, never to go back here again unless in an SUV or pickup.

Kung urvan kaya naman po ba?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Waypoints going to Baler Quezon from Manila