New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hi everyone!

Am very new to Tsikot.com but need the help of you experts here on taking the RORO from Manila to Cebu. Im from Manila but will be flying to Cebu in three days for work and will be there for quite a while. So was hoping anyone can enlighten me on how to go about doing the legwork here in Manila.

Problem is, I need to bring my car (just a simple 4 door sedan) to Cebu via RORO and have no idea whatsoever on how to go about it.

Have many questions and hope you guys can help me out on this!

1. What are the reliable and safe shipping lines that have the Manila-Cebu RORO route? ( I don't want my car to end up like Sulpicio lines....at the bottom of the sea!)

2. Paperwork requirements? What do the shipping lines need in terms of car documents?

3. Any ideas on the sailing schedule of the ships?

4. How much? Estimate? Do they charge by weight of vehicle or area? (I plan on loading it with things that I need to bring to Cebu which I can't bring by plane.)

5. I heard you can also bring your car to Batangas port although don't know if there's a Batangas-Cebu route. Do you think this will cut down on cost?

6. Can I simply put my car on the RORO (without anyone riding as a passenger) and claim it in Cebu when it arrives? Or do you recommend having somebody I know ride as a passenger in the RORO with the car?

As you can see Im pretty much clueless and helpless in this whole situation. Need all the help I can get! Thanks in advance for anyone who replies!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have tried a RORO, but not to Cebu, but to Davao (trip lang na roadtrip...)

a. There is a RORO ferry at the port. Hindi naman sulpicio ang gamit eh.. The purpose lang is to cross the channel and go back..
    b. Your original OR/CR + around 5 xeroxed copies na iniiwan dun sa port mismo. plus xeroxed copies of your driver's license. Is the car named na under your name? Pag hindi, kailangan mo pa din ng copies ng Deed of Sale + TMG Clearance.
    c. They leave port every one hour.
    d. They charge by area. I think, its around 1.5k for a sedan. But that was around 4 years ago. Baka nagtaas na.
    e. Walang Batangas - Cebu route. If you are plying via Batangas, the Roro will be to Puerto Galera, and you drive down Mindoro. Tapos sa dulo ng Mindoro, there is another Roro port there going to Capiz/Aklan island. Pag dating dun, you go via Negros Occidental/Oriental, take another Roro to Cebu. Another route is via Bicol - Sorsogon - Roro to Samar then San Juanico Bridge to Leyte, then Roro to Bohol and another Roro to Cebu.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    bro, click the search botton kasi marami ng thread dito tungkol sa RORO. maraming mga tips dun regarding RORO.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I'd suggest you ship the car from Manila to Cebu. Parang RoRo din naman ang proceedure. Nothing wrong with Sulpicio, wala namang bagyo eh plus may insurance naman.

So what you can do is to drive up to the pier (try SuperFerry at the South Harbor near Manila Hotel), then take your flight the next day then upon reaching Cebu, take a cab to the pier and pick up your car.

HTH

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    was thinking of driving instead of shipping the car. i thought of using the central nautical highway to drive from manila to cebu. thats manila-sorsogon-masbate-cebu. any ideas on this? thoughts? safety issues? this is going to be my first time.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jiraiya_ero View Post
    was thinking of driving instead of shipping the car. i thought of using the central nautical highway to drive from manila to cebu. thats manila-sorsogon-masbate-cebu. any ideas on this? thoughts? safety issues? this is going to be my first time.
    No big issues really, it just laborious. I suggest you bring somebody along.

And just be careful with the loading/unloading ramp.

RORO from Manila to Cebu