New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    yeah Anda has white sand beaches. there are dive spots too, but not so crowded unlike panglao. two weeks ago we had an informal met up with our classmates in tubigon. mayor amila was our host. and he brought us in this place--
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1435901061121.jpg   1435901092918.jpg  

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Wow awesome place and where is that place? Looks like a private property

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    it's in tubigon. I forgot what barangay. yes it's breathtaking. our batch decided to acquire a 2000 sqm property and construct an exclusive vacation house there. when you get there just show the pics to your in laws para mapuntahan nyo ☺

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Wow thats great..will do that and check you place out Bro Juan.. appreciate it..so near my in laws place..

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    I just had a similar road trip last June 20th. Drove from Quezon City to Tacloban City. The car's GPS navigation software was of great help.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Sir/ma'am any may i know if there's a new information about the route and road update traveling by land from manila to Tacloban, Leyte? Planning to go there by car. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    My suggestions are:

-rough estimation on FUEL? (using unleaded)

Total distance Makati to Baybay is 991 kms, assuming your 1.5 vios will (worst) average of 8 km/l, then fuel estimate is around 123 liters

-where can i get a MAP for the driving navigation?

You can invest in buying cheap GPS being sold at Sulit, buy Garmin loaded with roadguide map. If not there is always National Bookstore that sells handy roadmaps. But I suggest invest on a Garmin GPS.

- what is the total driving distance and travel time from Manila-LEYTE?

1. Manila (EDSA-SLEX) to Matnog, Sorsogon is 590 kms, around 10-12 hrs drive.
    2. Matnog to Allen, Samar (via RORO) is 1 hr and 30 minutes.
    3. Allen to Tacloban, Leyte is 250 kms, around 4-5 hours drive.
    4. Tacloban to Baybay, Leyet (via Ormoc) is 153 km, 2-3 hrs drive.
    a) alternate route Tacloban to Baybay, Leyte (via Abuyug) is 105 km.

Total driving distance - SLEX/EDSA to Baybay, Leyte (via Ormoc) = 991 kms.
    - SLEX/EDSA to Baybay, Leyte (via Abuyug) = 943 kms.(I have no idea of the Abuyug -Ormoc road condition)

Total driving hours via Ormoc is between 16-20 hrs, depending on the traffic.

- any suggestions on the RORO (car fees?,do i need early reservations? contact numbers? what shipping lines?)

There are fixers upon entry at the Matnog port that can facilitate your tickets. RORO car fees at Matnog, Sorsogon is around P1,200 including driver, but does not include the fare of the passenger, for a group of 4, ballpark cost is around P1,800 including tips. No reservation is needed, its a first come first serve basis. Sta Clara Lines has the most ferry in that port.

- is it safe? considering i'll be traveling wid ladies

Yes its safe, since its a sight seeing trip, start your travel from Makati at early morning, around 4 AM to avoid the traffics.
    You should be in Legaspi City before evening, sleep there and ravel to Matnog Port the next morning at around 4 AM to catch the first ferry trip. You should reach Baybay before dark.
    Have you car check first as there are road portions in Quezon Province that are not car friendly.

- where to stop, where to sleep, where to eat, etc.

Stop when you feel tired.
    I suggest base on the info you have now, plan your trip, sites to see, like Cagsawa ruins, etc.
    My favorite hotel stop is Ciriaco Hotel in Calbayog, Samar.
    Search the net for best deal hotels from Naga City to Tacloban, jot it down so in case you need to take a rest you know where is the nearest hotel.
    I suggest you dont travel at night from Allen, Samar to Tacloban. My recommendation is rest in Legaspi City and travel early morning to Matnog, start at around 4 AM from Legaspi City. The first ferry trip at Matnog is around 6 AM.

well, if it's not advisable, then i guess we will travel the boring route again which is by plane.

If your car is in tough shape, then do it. If it is not, take the plane.
    The worst you wouldn't want is suffer a mechanical breakdown.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by JoieNerick View Post
    Sir/ma'am any may i know if there's a new information about the route and road update traveling by land from manila to Tacloban, Leyte? Planning to go there by car. Thank you!
    Google maps or waze will be your BFF in your travel, routes are usually the paved roads. You will have to consider the ETD of the ferry service.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123