The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Thanks jut703,grand kotse,we'll check it out👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Sa mga tsikoters na bumiyahe na for Holy week vacation to Naga or Legaspi
    Any update on the current condition of the road going to Naga and Legaspi?
    Bad roads, hazard area that I should be aware of.
    Im planning to travel Thursday early morning around 2-3 AM, nakaalis na mga bus niyan sa terminal kaya di na kami mag aabot sa daan.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Sa mga tsikoters na bumiyahe na for Holy week vacation to Naga or Legaspi
    Any update on the current condition of the road going to Naga and Legaspi?
    Bad roads, hazard area that I should be aware of.
    Im planning to travel Thursday early morning around 2-3 AM, nakaalis na mga bus niyan sa terminal kaya di na kami mag aabot sa daan.
    Magkakaabot pa rin kayo sa daan niyan. Buses leave every hour.

Expect the traffic to be awful. You will arrive in Quezon around 5-7am. Usually hindi pa traffic at that time, but since it's Holy Week, most likely traffic will be heavier.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Magkakaabot pa rin kayo sa daan niyan. Buses leave every hour.

Expect the traffic to be awful. You will arrive in Quezon around 5-7am. Usually hindi pa traffic at that time, but since it's Holy Week, most likely traffic will be heavier.

I am expecting Wednesday night will be the heaviest, I was caught in this traffic last year, bumper to bumper, I left at 9 PM and arrived Naga at 6 AM. But then the road between Tagkawayan to Sipocot is under repair. Thats why this year Im giving traffic a 6 hours head start.
    How about this year? How is the road from Tagkawayan to Sipocot? Are there any new diggings between Atimonan to Tagkawayan?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Hindi nawawala yung mga road repair sa quezon. Mas marami pa nga dahil sa mga ginagawang mga road widening.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I can do bicol in 5-6hrs relaxed driving during regular days and this was made possible by the widened roads, madali iwasan ang nag pruprusisyon na trailer trucks at private cars na namamasyal sa buwan. Last time Lucena nalang yung may ginagawang road widening(and portion of Gumaca) all the rest up to Lopez-Calauag ay maluwag na. Yung Quezon National park/Pagbilao ay one way parin ang dalawang 360 bend pero pwede rin dumaan sa ilalim widened narin ang road. Wag ka lang magpaabot ng 4-5AM at nagsisilabasan na yung mga Tricycle na nasa gitna ng AH26 at binubuntutan ng mga ssakyan hangang humaba ang pila.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    ok rin mga 10pm umalis pag ncr ka galing smooth na patango bicol
    ingat lang kayo pag tagkawayan dami butas malalalim paman din
    lalo dyan unahan ng ragay malapit sa entersection daet at sipocot
    magigising ka sa lubak dyan

ingat din sa kasalubong lalo bus kahit blindcurve nang oovertake yan

pero pag sipocot to naga daraga matnog napaka smooth na

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    I can do bicol in 5-6hrs relaxed driving during regular days and this was made possible by the widened roads, madali iwasan ang nag pruprusisyon na trailer trucks at private cars na namamasyal sa buwan. Last time Lucena nalang yung may ginagawang road widening(and portion of Gumaca) all the rest up to Lopez-Calauag ay maluwag na. Yung Quezon National park/Pagbilao ay one way parin ang dalawang 360 bend pero pwede rin dumaan sa ilalim widened narin ang road. Wag ka lang magpaabot ng 4-5AM at nagsisilabasan na yung mga Tricycle na nasa gitna ng AH26 at binubuntutan ng mga ssakyan hangang humaba ang pila.
    From where to where is your 5-hour Bicol trip?

Last time I did 5 hours from Naga to Pasig, that definitely wasn't relaxed driving. 80-120 kph in most winding corners.

Naga is 385 km. To make it to Manila in 5 hours, you have to drive an average of 77 kph. 77 kph is very, very fast for provincial roads that aren't expressways. Based on experience, "relaxed" driving (i.e. going at the pace of most vehicles or only slightly faster) usually results in an average speed of 40-50 kph.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    From where to where is your 5-hour Bicol trip?

Last time I did 5 hours from Naga to Pasig, that definitely wasn't relaxed driving. 80-120 kph in most winding corners.

Naga is 385 km. To make it to Manila in 5 hours, you have to drive an average of 77 kph. 77 kph is very, very fast for provincial roads that aren't expressways. Based on experience, "relaxed" driving (i.e. going at the pace of most vehicles or only slightly faster) usually results in an average speed of 40-50 kph.

Naga. But I drive alone at night, depart around 12-1AM and by daybreak kumakain na ako ng emongs pandesal At one na nagmamadali, I did Daet in 4.5hrs that i usually take 5.5hrs. I guess familiarity with the roads, avoiding the long cuts, and keeping the average speed is the key. Wala din ako stop overs dahil inaantok ako if I take breaks. If you will take the bus at night esp those with 1 stopover, almost 6-7 hrs lang kinukuha and the big factor is the widened road resulting to higher average speeds.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Naga. But I drive alone at night, depart around 12-1AM and by daybreak kumakain na ako ng emongs pandesal At one na nagmamadali, I did Daet in 4.5hrs that i usually take 5.5hrs. I guess familiarity with the roads, avoiding the long cuts, and keeping the average speed is the key. Wala din ako stop overs dahil inaantok ako if I take breaks. If you will take the bus at night esp those with 1 stopover, almost 6-7 hrs lang kinukuha and the big factor is the widened road resulting to higher average speeds.
    Yes I've also done Naga-Manila departing at 1am and kaya naman ng 5 hours nga but 5 hours isn't "relaxed driving". Even without stopovers, an average of 77 kph is almost double what normal drivers do.

To put things into perspective, when I joined the Cannonball 500, my average speed was 68 kph and that already included 200 kph bursts on TPLEX and hammering up Aritao Road and down Kennon.

I'm not saying it's not possible because I've done it, but I know that to do Naga-Manila in 5 hours means you have to go at a sustained high speed even through the winding roads of Tagkawayan/Del Gallego/Ragay and the towns of Quezon.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast